New scale, breastfeeding, weight gain....

Options
I have upped my calories per Drs orders, started exercizing, drinking my water. I have gained 7 pounds. Yep, that is the five pounds I had lost, plus two more.

Very frustrated about this. Is it my body adjusting to healthier foods, and exercize? I mean, SEVEN POUNDS? REALLY!?

Anyone experience this type of thing?

Sheri

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I know this is hard, but don't fret it too much. You are breastfeeding and that messes up water weight in a big way. You really should take your measurement and make sure you are weighing in after feeding your little one and in the same clothes.

I did get a new scale about a month after I started here and what I did was weighed myself on both and then compared the difference and adjusted accordingly. If you just changed scales, it could the new one that has the gain on it. I know my new scale was 5 lbs heavier. I add 5 lbs to my start weight to make up for my current weight so I didn't lose my progress.

Hang in there is does get better.
    :flowerforyou:
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium levels..sounds like water...you would have had to eaten 24500 cals to gain a true 7 pounds. It may take a few weeks for your body to readjust.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Quick peek at your diary and the first thing I noticed what a really high sodium intake. That will cause mayjor water retention. I would start there
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree about too much sodium and drinking lots of water. HOWEVER, there are people who do not lose weight while breastfeeding, despite what your friends say. I am one of them. I breastfed both my kids and held on to MOST of my pregnancy weight until after I stopped. My biggest advice is enjoy your baby, watch what you eat, drink LOTS of water, and do not worry about the weight until after you stop breastfeeding.
  • SheriG9
    Options
    Yes, I know my sodium was a little high yesterday. I had been eating between 1500-1600 calories a day, and my Dr said a minimum of 1800 because I am still nursing my 8 month old. And in less than two weeks, I have gained 7 pounds. Can that possibly be all water?

This sucks.

Sheri
  • SheriG9
    Options
    Bump
  • JFunchion
    Options
    Wow I thought I was the only one asking for help in this area! I had my baby 5.5 months ago. Lost all my baby weight, plus lost 8# more. Without trying in the frist 2 months. Since then Ive slowly gained 9# back. I have continued to eat the same, track my calories & exercise the same. And just keep gaining... Still breastfeeding also. It sucks!
  • JFunchion
    Options
    By the way I gained 5# of that back in 3 weeks, isnt that impossible! UGH