Firecracker Crackers

Options
i found this thought this sounded awesome i have had something similar to this but this sounds a little healthier im going to make this next week . i wonder if i can use olive oil instead and use hummus for a dip ?

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups canola oil
* 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 (16 ounce) package Whole Wheat Saltine Crackers

Directions

1. Whisk the canola oil, crushed red pepper flakes, ranch dressing mix, and chili powder together in a bowl.
2. Divide the saltine crackers evenly into 2 1-gallon-sized sealable bags. Pour the oil mixture evenly over the crackers. Seal the bag and flip to allow the oil mixture to run over the crackers for 5 minutes; flip again. Repeat the flipping every five minutes to evenly coat the crackers for about 1 hour. Remove the crackers from the bags and spread onto large platters. Allow to sit overnight before serving.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 169 | Total Fat: 13.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg

Replies

• crickettm
    Options
    This recipe is really good using pretzels also....my family LOVES them. and the longer they sit, the hotter they get....yummy!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    That sounds so good. I love saltine crackers so much. That is one of the few things that, if I start eating it, I will eat the whole thing in one sitting.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i found this thought this sounded awesome i have had something similar to this but this sounds a little healthier im going to make this next week . i wonder if i can use olive oil instead and use hummus for a dip ?

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups canola oil
    * 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
    * 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
    * 1 tablespoon chili powder
    * 1 (16 ounce) package Whole Wheat Saltine Crackers

Directions

1. Whisk the canola oil, crushed red pepper flakes, ranch dressing mix, and chili powder together in a bowl.
    2. Divide the saltine crackers evenly into 2 1-gallon-sized sealable bags. Pour the oil mixture evenly over the crackers. Seal the bag and flip to allow the oil mixture to run over the crackers for 5 minutes; flip again. Repeat the flipping every five minutes to evenly coat the crackers for about 1 hour. Remove the crackers from the bags and spread onto large platters. Allow to sit overnight before serving.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 169 | Total Fat: 13.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg

my mom makes a similar recipe without the red pepper flakes. i have never thought about making it spicy, but i think that would taste fantastic. thanks for sharing!