New User - Joined because I was Diagnosed yesterday with Hig

Options
2»

Replies

• msjackson1019
    msjackson1019 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on the High Blood Pressure issue. My dad, mom, and just within the past few weeks, my brother, are all on BP medication. Plus, my dad is diabetic. For years, I always had fairly low blood pressure, even while I was overweight. But, with the stress of my job and increasing weight gain and just life in general, I had been in the pre-hypertension stage for several months. I'm happy to say that after two months of using MFP, my BP was in the normal range for the first time in a long time today. I'm sure you can do the same. :)
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    As someone who pulled back from the brink of Diabetes... let me tell you that yes it can be done. I used to weigh over 320 and am now 232 with normal levels across the board. My doctor says I have the heart of a 20 year old.

Follow the plan, get exercise and allow it all to come together and it can work for you.

If you need moral support or coaching, I'd be happy to help. Feel free to add me.

Just remember it is in you to change your future!

You CAN DO IT!
  • Bluefaery
    Options
    Welcome to the site! This is really going to help you...I know it.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    How did you get the FITNESSPAL 'banner' with your lose in the reply? Thanks,:smile:

Click on Tools at the top.

Copy the banner you want into your signature (See Message Boards -> Signature)
  • sherryv02
    sherryv02 Posts: 26
    Options
    How did you get the FITNESSPAL 'banner' with your lose in the reply? Thanks,:smile:

I had to copy and paste it about 6 times before it actually worked lol
  • Dutchausican
    Options
    Welcome! My name is Sylvia and I just started yesterday. I am happy to have found this website! I have HBP also and need to loose weight. Sick of all this extra baggage of me. We can do this!! I am proud of us for at least starting, that is the biggest step. And this website will keep us accountable, plus seeing the results will be awesome!!
  • Letsdoitnow
    Letsdoitnow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sherry: I am still learn MFP and did not see your post from April until just now. How are you doing? I hope you met your 3 month goal and did not have to start on meds! I am loving MFP as well as my group where I weigh in every week. Letsdoitnow:smile: