Activity Setting

Options
I'm not sure how to set my activity level to lose the most weight.

My instinct is to set it at "Sedentary" because I think I will lose more weight that way. Currently, I have it set at "Active" but I'm not sure if I should push it up to "Very Active." I work at a daycare, in a toddler room, 12 hours a day. To some people, that sounds like a "sit around and do nothing all day" type of job, but to anyone who has worked in a toddler classroom, or has children of their own, knows you don't stop when you're chasing 1 toddler around all day -- and I'm chasing 4! I'm on my feet all day, constantly running back and forth across the room to stop one from climbing a book shelf, stop another one from eating toys... etc, etc, etc. Along with this, there is rarely a point in my day that I'm not carrying one of the kids around -- and they weigh between 20 and 30lbs.

Should I set my activity level to "Very Active" or leave it where it is?

Replies

• hdjenkins
    hdjenkins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same..what to set it on..I am a stay at home mom to a four year old..so I know what u are talking about..I do this aLL DAYand then work out about 2hrs a day..on most days..so we r in the same boat. I'm not losing anymore weight..I'm not gaining..well two to three pounds(cant get rid of them) lately,,its depressing and discouraging but anyway all u can do is your best...it seems like you are still losing..which is a plus!..yay..
  • BrittaneyHG
    BrittaneyHG Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight when I worked at the daycare. Every time they would snack so would I. And lord knows i was not good when we had parties!

I would set it for active just to be a little cautious. You could, however, wear a heart rate monitor while working and see how many calories you are burning and compare it to what mfp is saying you can eat. (with out working out)
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight when I worked at the daycare. Every time they would snack so would I. And lord knows i was not good when we had parties!

I would set it for active just to be a little cautious. You could, however, wear a heart rate monitor while working and see how many calories you are burning and compare it to what mfp is saying you can eat. (with out working out)

I know exactly where you're coming from!!! LUCKILY I work in a super health conscious daycare and we serve mostly healthy snacks. I've definitely destroyed my diet on birthdays and Halloween though, when parents provide the treats!