Been doing the MFP thing for over 5 months.

Options
I started the MFP mobile app back in June, after using a similar program for about a month or so before that. I had started a new job in February and had to do a health assessment for insurance, and got a rude awakening when I stepped on the scale and saw I weighed 265lbs! I had never thought I'd ever see 300lbs, but I realized if I didn't do anything, I was going to see that number up close and personal. So I started researching some weight loss options, and ultimately decided that rather than diet (since I'm a picky eater and don't like a lot of healthy stuff), that I had to do something different.

So I decided to start counting calories, in large part by truly exercising portion control, and then started exercising. Despite complications from running that gave me bursitis in both knees due to my weight, I have been able to stay on a dedicated path and have managed to lose 62 pounds so far!!! I have gone from buying shirts that were XXL to buy Large shirts, and my pants have gone from a 40 to a 36, and I think I'm going to have to go smaller than that now.

It hasn't been easy, but it's already worth it to be healthier and happier than I've been with myself in years. I have always used the mobile app, so I haven't ever really messed around with the website any.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.

Replies

• dcfl2012
    Options
    Great job! Your example is very encouraging ! I am here about 3 months now and I LOVE IT ! Congrats on your weight loss !
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    great job, you should be proud!
  • eversbane
    Options
    I've gone from 54" pants (worn below the belly) to 50" pants worn around the belly button (or there abouts). I'm still wearing 3X and 4X shirts but I can button on a 2X.

I came that close to seeing 400# and never thought I'd ever be over 300, so absolutely take control now. If you've found a routine that works, stay in it.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    congrats!!! Bursitis is a pain! Good for you for pushing through it!!