How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hi, I'm loving this site. Wanted to ask how often you weigh yourself. I am going back to once every 5 days. A week seems to long and daily makes me absolutely crazy. What do you do? Thanks!

Replies

• doublegnyc
    Options
    I do it about every 4-5 days, it's much more rewarding to see the bigger results.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I weigh about 3-4 times a week, I log on Mondays.

Used to be Thursdays, but then I found myself using Friday (and then all weekend) as a "cheat" day(s), so I switched to Monday to keep it real.
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself everyday -- have for years. I only log my weight once a week though.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Every day, to make sure I'm heading in the right direction, and to identify any problem eating habits that might creep in. I log it only once a week, probably less as I get closer to (or achieve) my target.
  • kasteede
    Options
    I only want to weigh myself once a week (on Monday's when I log) but actually weigh myself 4 or 5 times a week.
  • amerrill1
    Options
    I weigh everyday but only log first thing saturday morning since that is my most nuetral day (I can weight before working out, eating, or anthing else).
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday -- sometimes multiple times a day -- but I only log once a week.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I was weighing daily and logging when I felt like it
    this week I weighed on monday and then this morning - so perhaps I now dont 'need' to keep weighing in
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I was weighing daily and logging when I felt like it
    this week I weighed on monday and then this morning - so perhaps I now dont 'need' to keep weighing in
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Hi.. My name is Deena and I am a weighing in addict. lol. I weigh myself every morning... Nakkie.. of course.. and after a pee. ha ha. :tongue:
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Everyone has normal daily fluctuations, so I'd hate to weigh myself just once a week and have it be one of those days where my weight has fluctuated up. By weighing myself every day, I've got more of a handle of where I really am.

I record my weight here every day, but the one weigh-in that I pay attention to is my Tuesday weigh-in. That's the day of the week I started with MFP, so I record my Tuesday weigh-ins on my profile page to show my progress.
  • xhaller
    Options
    I don't own a scale. Weighing myself every day makes me obsessive in an unhealthy way. So the only times I do weigh myself are at the doctor's or if I am at a friend's house and notice a scale in their bathroom :)
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day I'm at the gym, just out of curiousity. But on Tuesdays I'm at the VA and the nutrion clinic has a scale in the basement, so I always use that as my official weigh in day. It's digital and the one at the gym his a weight scale and not always that accurate.
  • Oakmeister
    Oakmeister Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am one of those who weighs every day. I like the instant feed back to what I am doing with my diet and exercise.
    Oak
  • JudyKC32
    Options
    I weight myself every morning before I get dressed, of course. I log whenever I see any significant drop in weight. Like I saw a 1.2 lb loss from Tuesday to Thursday so I logged it. I get encouraged every day when I see the scale drop or stay the same.
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Every morning I get up, go to the bathroom, then the scale, then log.
    Been about a month and a half and it seems to work for me.
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    Every Morning I do, but only track my weight once a week.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to lose weight, I jumped on the scale once a week. Now that I am in maintenance, I hit the scale two or three times a week. I want to make sure I don't have any huge swings in either direction.

SW: 248 on 2/16/11
    CW: 185 on 11/17/11
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I feel like it. But I weigh in every Thursday at work (Biggest Loser) and that is the number I use for my log in.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I read this thing once that made sense to me - it said to weigh yourself every day, then on your chosen day (say, Saturday, for example), work out the average of your weigh-ins.

That should be your weight for the week and show changes from the week before if you'd done the same thing. Then it accounts for the slight variations from day to day.

I don't do that any more because I don't think it's helpful for my brain, but someone sensible could try it without any probs, I'd say!