I need Help getting my husband on the weightloss wagon

Options
2»

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I can understand being told to lose weight. But ultimately he has to tell himself that he needs to lose and do it for himself and not the army/navy etc....

He also has to realize making himself fat is not showing anyone anything. Other than showing everyone else that he's fat.

Once he gets out of the military, the military couldn't give two doo doos about his weight. The joke is on him, not them.
  • Jessicareyes78
    Jessicareyes78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My hubby was the exact same way. I begged him from April until September to join me on this WL journey and the more I spoke about the more he rebeled against it. One day I finally gave up. Kept on doing my own thing. Started shedding those pounds. Started getting compliments and recognition from everyone and out of the blue on September 14, he snapped out of it and has been eating right, working out 3x a week and he's lost 30lbs as of today. No longer squeezing into a size 44 and losely wearing his size 40's.

Give him space and time..."You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!" lol

11403935.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    Just set the example. No man wants to be "pushed" into anything they don't want to do. Your husband already proved that when he stated that the Navy said he shouldn't gain weight and he rebelled.
    Trust a man's point of view on this. If you keep at it, it will sound like nagging. And that's the last thing a man wants in a marriage.
    Show him that it works. Do it with your kids (if you have any). He'll get it after awhile. When he asks for help, then you know he's ready.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    How would you feel if your husband were badgering you to lose weight, suggesting that you're too fat? My guess is pretty d@mn $hitty. If my husband suggested I needed to lose weight I'd punch him in his face. Only he can (*and should*) decided that he wants to lose weight. He needs to do it for himself, not for you.

I love this. :laugh:
    You are so right. I think that all we can do is encourage and tell our spouses or significant others how much we love them. Maybe this is just a phase. I always tell my husband how much I love him and want him to be healthy and well, so he can be there for me and the kids for many, many years. I cook healthy dinners and I give him fruit to eat while he is at work.
    I also agree with setting an example. Maybe if he sees you getting in shape, then he will follow.