Buffalo Chicken Dip: Lightned Up, and you'll never know it!

LATeagno
LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
383979_2384750252554_1064675700_32186563_935760849_n.jpg

Somehow I missed the buffalo chicken dip boat, having made it for the first time just a bit ago! Today I made a fantastic light version that you'll NEVER know was missing calories!

Instead of chips, I "fried" a low-carb, low-cal tortilla (60 calories, 4 net carbs and 6g of fiber) with a tiny bit of nonstick spray and ate it with that. The results were FANTASTIC!

"Lightened Up" Buffalo Chicken Dip"

Ingredients:

*1 block (8 oz.) Neufchatel cheese
* 8 oz. 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
*2 12.75 oz. cans of chicken breast (98% fat free, I used Swanson)
*1/2 Cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or Louisiana, or Texas Pete-- whatever you want... no "wing" sauce, though)
*1/2 Cup Hidden Valley Light Ranch Dressing

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl, combine neufchatel cheese, 4 oz. shredded mozzarella, ranch dressing and hot sauce. Mix it all together (I used a hand mixer).

Drain cans of chicken breast, and break big chunks apart. Stir both cans into the cheese-hot sauce mixture.

Spoon chicken mixture into a small baking dish (I used a 9x9) and top with remaining 4 ounces of mozzarella.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is bubbling.

Serve hot!

Nutrition for 1/8 of recipe: 235 cals/ 2 carbs/ 9 fat/ 17 protein

***The recipe could be further lightened by using fat free cream cheese, fat free mozzarella and fat free ranch. That said, I think you might sacrifice some flavor there, and for me (since I'm low carb), it adds some sugar to the recipe. You might want to try, though!

You can also serve it with celery or carrots, or with baked chips if that's your thing! Enjoy!

Replies

• SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    I love this with celery. I don't put the ranch in mine either but I always use low-fat cheese. I usually use boiled boneless skinless breasts that I shred by hand because I think the canned chicken gives it a slightly different flavour but I've been using the canned stuff more and more recently. LOVE Buffalo dip :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    never had anything like this... sounds fab. might try.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    I have never heard of it but I will be trying it !

Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    sounds good. can't wait to try it
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Just made this last night and it got rave reviews!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    I love Buffalo Chicken Dip! Skinnytaste.com also has a version that is low in calories. Love your idea for the tortilla chips!
  • Thank you for posting this! My sister loves buffalo wings, but she's trying to lose weight. I'm making this ASAP.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    bump
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    this sounds great!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    I use cut up chicken breast, franks hot sauce, blue cheese and cream cheese. I am going to have to try the lightened up version. Thanks!