post evening workout snack?

Options
Hi there,

Sorry if this has been covered before.. I do my workouts in the evening (Tabata - high impact interval training) and wanetd to know if I should eat anything afterwards (like a piece of fruit, peanut butter etc), or if I should just drink some water and be done with it?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever fits into your calorie and macro target.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    i like a smoothie with a banana, some strawberries, and some chocolate protein powder. Usually works out to about 300-400 cal and is AWESOME!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options

^^This is the correct answer
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk!

I had that on Tuesday and practically licked out the glass!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter
  • CBranson0503
    Options

^^This is the correct answer

This is the best answer. But if you want a suggestion, I work out in the evenings too and my go-to is either a homemade trailmix (18 pistachios, 1 tbsp of dried cranberries or cherries, & 1/4 cup of bran flakes or cherrios) or Chocolate milk.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My favorites are chocolate milk and or cheerios depending on how many cals I need to replace. Sometimes I make a smoothie, sometimes I just eat the cookies on the counter i've been refraining from for the rest of the day. :wink:
  • tseecka
    tseecka Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a slushie after my cardio workouts (not a convenience store one, I have a mug that will crystallize pretty much any liquid and slowly freeze it until it's slushified, nothing added; just juice/apple cider/what have you). It's extremely refreshing, and the solidity of the slush tricks my mind into thinking I'm /eating/ something, rather than just drinking a glass of juice. On days I do strength training, I'll usually eat about two teaspoons of peanut butter straight out of the jar--scoop it out onto a spoon and lick it like an ice cream cone! :D