Weirdest way to eat Thanksgiving leftovers.

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
So we all know that a turkey sandwich is the "traditional" leftover meal. But everyone has that "weird" combo or way they like to eat them, so what's yours? :smile:

I usually take some bread, smear some cranberry sauce on it, then stuffing, turkey and some green beans. Obviously, not a healthy choice, but we're not talking about health! :laugh: If you can't think of one you do now, think of one you did *before* you started being healthier.

Replies

• kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I take what ever is leftover and bake it into a Pot Pie! Not sure about what to do this year. Gets my kids to eat every crumb.
  • itsshadowwithane
    itsshadowwithane Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    thats not weird...there are some resturaunts where i live that sell those sandwiches
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    stuffing meat loaf?
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I dislike Thanksgiving leftovers - it's a once a year meal for me. However, my dog very much enjoys it! :smile:
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bread turkey and cranberry sauce, and sometimes mashed potatoes if there are any left
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I love Thanksgiving food for one reason only.
    Turkey Tidbits on Buttermilk Biscuits! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. My all time favorite meal.
    Leftover turkey and gravy on Homemade biscuits the next day is the best meal EVER! Have loved it ever since I was a young child!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    We usually will take our leftover turkey meat and make gumbo :D
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I take the leftover mashed potatoes, flour them lightly, then sautee them until they are golden brown. Put the leftover cranberry sauce on them. Absolutely delicious!
  • foodeeee
    foodeeee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    cranberry avocado sandwhich
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I dislike Thanksgiving leftovers - it's a once a year meal for me. However, my dog very much enjoys it! :smile:

That's one spoiled pup :laugh:
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    bread turkey and cranberry sauce, and sometimes mashed potatoes if there are any left

This. A thanksgiving sammich with a side of left over stuffing, too.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    cold turkey, a little salt, and mayo. YUMMY. Like it better than thanksgiving dinner!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Turkey, mayo, and cranberry sauce (jellied, no chunks!) on toast. YUM
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm a very healthy eater, so my Thanksgiving isn't your traditional type. But, I like to make Turkey Noodle Soup afterwards using my leftover turkey & roasted veggies & broth put it in the crockpot with some seasonings. Shepherd's pie is another favorite to make with the leftover turkey, veggies & mashed potatoes.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    We just reheat and eat the same thing, just not as much. I pretty much make a beeline for the oyster dressing. If any is left, it only lasts a day! We make a pot pie with the turkey.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My mom would mix mashed potatoes, turkey, and stuffing together, then use it to fill the large size seashell pasta, then pour gravy over it (like spaghetti sauce on stuffed shells). Totally weird, but not too bad surprisingly.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    Mmm...where I live there's a sub shop called Capriottis, and one of their special sandwiches is called "The Bobbie". It has shredded turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayo.....soooooo good! It's like having Thanksgiving leftovers anytime you want.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options

i agree. i dont like any leftover. much less thanksgiving. not a fan of the foods ppl traditionally eat. besides the mac cheese bake, but never any left of that.
  • Switzenheimer
    Options
    I have a recipe to use the leftovers, and make it into sushi! use gravy as dipping sauce, I'm gonna try it out! (with christmas leftovers though, we had thanksgiving back in october..)