Introduction Insanity, P90X

Options
Hello. This is my first time posting so here goes. My name is Candace, I'm in the military and I'm here for the tools and support that this site has to offer. I had my baby girl in February and since then, I've lost 67 pounds. My last weigh-in before I had my baby, was 272 and now I'm down to 205. My weight goal is to be 160 by next March on my birthday. I was thinking next February but that maybe a little unattainable but I can still try!!! Anyhoo, I'm thinking about starting a new workout program called Insanity. I wish too do this to A) assist with dropping the weight, B) improve my fitness test for the Air Force and C) have something that I can do from home to sustain me when i can't get to to the gym during the cold winter months. I don't like taking the little ones out in the cold unless I have to. I would like to know has anyone tried Insanity for the reasons mentioned above? If so, can anyone give me their opinions, positive or negative about the program? I also plan to enroll right into P90x once I'm done with Insanity. :smile:

Replies

• justinpraise
    justinpraise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just got the insanity workout, I did the fitness test last night and it HARD!! I am weight about 206, I will start tonight and let you know how it goes but it is VERY intense!
  • saranohinsac
    Options
    I thought people generally do P90X to work up to Insanity.
  • tuckersrunner
    Options
    Hi I have not used PX90 or Insanity, but am running regularly now. Its nice to hear some good goals! I began running in August of this year. So I am a newbie.:) I am excited to be working my weight down.A girlfriend of mine and her hubby did PX90-wow they had really good results so I hope it is good for you too. I have two daughters, a hubby, and agreat dog that motivates me to run. Has anyone tried logging miles/exercise on Nike+ or using iPod with exercise equitment? I am awaiting my ipod to be repaired/replaced and eager to hear how the program(nike+) works...I am thrilled with this site and app....
  • mcwright1980
    Options
    I decided to do insanity for many of the same reasons as you are. I am on day 38 right now and everyday is just as tough as the first. It is the only workout that i have ever done... EVER... where your body doesn't adjust, making the workout less effective. Every workout, you are pushing yourself to your absolute max so whether you are on day 1, 30 or 60... you're body is still screaming, "Alright alread... YOU WIN!!!"
    I have been working out now for over 15 years... some years harder than others... and some months, losing focus all together and quitting temporarily. BUT... its all about how bad you want it. I've gained and lost many times over the years but Insanity has been a great motivator for me. You need to give it every ounce of energy you can muster up and if you've got that extra weight from a "not so good" weekend... it sure as heck is NOT enjoyable.
    Its worth it! Don't just give it a "try"... give it your all. Insanity will, not only transform your body, but you'll become something you never thought you could be. GO FOR IT!!!
  • kerrc81
    Options
    Yes ma'am, they do. However I joined this program offered on my base called Vital90 when I returned to work off of maternity leave. Basically it was kind of mixture of p90x and Insanity. It was a very intense program and I got good results from it. It helped me drop by 20lbs or so. Since I've done that program, I can probably roll into Insanity.
  • kerrc81
    Options
    I planned to do it tonight! I wish you much success What are your goals?
  • kerrc81
    Options
    Thank you! I'm excited to do both. What you told me about the program, I have heard before but it was always somebody who knew somebody. It's nice to hear it directly from the source. I'm ready to drop the rest of this weight and get back to my old self. Our base gym offered a program called "Vital90" when I came back to work off of maternity leave and I did that for 90 days. Pretty much it was a combination of Vital90 and Insanity with some spinning involved. It totally kicked my behind especially after having a baby but it got me back into shape and dropped a great deal of weight. I just want to be look, feel and most importantly, BE HEALTHY. I feel healthy right now but I know I still carry alot of excess weight. Because of my height, people don't think I weight as much as I do but I know the deal!! Thank you for posting and CONGRATS on your success!
  • Jerseygirl904
    Options
    I decided to do insanity for many of the same reasons as you are. I am on day 38 right now and everyday is just as tough as the first. It is the only workout that i have ever done... EVER... where your body doesn't adjust, making the workout less effective. Every workout, you are pushing yourself to your absolute max so whether you are on day 1, 30 or 60... you're body is still screaming, "Alright alread... YOU WIN!!!"
    I have been working out now for over 15 years... some years harder than others... and some months, losing focus all together and quitting temporarily. BUT... its all about how bad you want it. I've gained and lost many times over the years but Insanity has been a great motivator for me. You need to give it every ounce of energy you can muster up and if you've got that extra weight from a "not so good" weekend... it sure as heck is NOT enjoyable.
    Its worth it! Don't just give it a "try"... give it your all. Insanity will, not only transform your body, but you'll become something you never thought you could be. GO FOR IT!!!

I couldn't have said it better!!! I'm on week 3 of Insanity - LOVE IT!!!!!!!
  • kerrc81
    Options
    I thought people generally do P90X to work up to Insanity.

Yes ma'am, they do. However I joined this program offered on my base called Vital90 when I returned to work off of maternity leave. Basically it was kind of mixture of p90x and Insanity. It was a very intense program and I got good results from it. It helped me drop by 20lbs or so. Since I've done that program, I can probably roll into Insanity
  • kerrc81
    Options
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Wow! Very well said.