Meal replacements??

Options
Anyone know of any that DON'T taste like garbage???

Replies

• samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like Meijer's Slim Supreme French Vanilla. 190 Calories. 6 Fat. 24 Carbs. 10 Protein. Best if VERY cold.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Most quality protein powders taste pretty good (On, gaspari, xf, trutein) but shakes/mrps do nothing special for weight loss

Inb4shakeolgyisthebestest
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I eat Clif builder chocolate bars after I workout but I don't really think replacing a meal with a shake or bar is a great idea, I think it goes hand in hand with calling it a diet rather than a change you want to stick with you for the rest of your life. If you're body is hungry feed it. =]

Good luck =]
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have pancakes for dinner. Aunt Jemima is my favorite.
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Met-Rx has a couple that don't taste terrible..

They have a couple different flavors that have something similar to rice crisp in them and are around 420 calories each (so, you might get 2 meals out of it depending on how many calories you're eating).

Flavors I've tried and liked are Peanut Butter Carmel Crunch & Peanut Butter Pretzel.

Those are also pretty good for helping out with any sugar cravings I may be suffering from too. ;)
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use the drink as a snack when on the run not all the time. I lose better when eating 3 small meals and 2 snacks. It works for me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Any combination and permutation of peanut butter, banana, milk, oats, and whey do quite nicely.
    Myoplex is is pretty tasty.
  • jesse19881
    Options
    My problem is that I am not a breakfast person... I have my coffee that I refuse to give up but if I don't have something then I'm starving by 10am.
    As for the protein powders, what are they mixed with? Water or milk?
  • jesse19881
    Options
    Ha ha! Thats what I am having for supper tonight. Found awesome recipe on here for banana pancakes :)
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I eat Clif builder chocolate bars after I workout but I don't really think replacing a meal with a shake or bar is a great idea, I think it goes hand in hand with calling it a diet rather than a change you want to stick with you for the rest of your life. If you're body is hungry feed it. =]

Good luck =]

I respectfully disagree. The meal replacement drink that I have has many more vitamins and nutrients in 200 calories than I could eat in food for less/same calories.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have been using a whey protein shake every morning for past 6-7 months. I typically find EAS, Muscletech pretty darn tasty. I mix with 1% milk, tastes like a shake....my 2 cents
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Love a sense of humor!
  • KimALesperance
    KimALesperance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I like Silk the best). Helps to give it a creamier texture as well as more flavor. I have been using a protein isolate (chocolate) from VitaminWorld when I don't have time for breakfast, or when I feel the need to snack at night. The almond milk is low in calories and high in calcium and the poweder is loaded with protein, 30g I think.

Good luck in your hunt!
  • Acg67
    Options

Good luck =]

I respectfully disagree. The meal replacement drink that I have has many more vitamins and nutrients in 200 calories than I could eat in food for less/same calories.

then you are ignorant on many fronts, the quality of vitamins is more important then just how many there are.
  • jesse19881
    Options
    Hm... See I was just looking at these Rexal brand meal replacement can things. for 255 calories I'm getting a minimum of 25% of the vitamins I need and twice as many protien than I normally get out of eating actual breakfast. Plus it's lactose free. I'm just scared to buy them and then find out they are terrible... I tried the boost stuff and it was so gross.
  • jesse19881
    Options
    I don't mean to have then everyday, just when I either do not have time for breakfast or have nothing that will fall into the 'healthy food' category.
  • Acg67
    Options
    I don't mean to have then everyday, just when I either do not have time for breakfast or have nothing that will fall into the 'healthy food' category.

you know you don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to...
  • eversbane
    Options
    When I was in rehab with my hip the nutritionist put a fat tree milk carton and a pack of Armour protein powder on my lunch and dinner trays. In the milk it tasted like a malt shake. A drop of vanilla wouldn't hurt.

The only thing about that was thinking about where Armour would get protein from (image of guy with push broom in the Armour packing plant).
  • jesse19881
    Options
    you know you don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to...
    [/quote]

But everything of my food intelligence tells me that its important. I mean, right from day 1 your told that as a child...
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Good luck =]

I know typing can come out as mean so I'm saying first this isn't in a snippy way =]. I was just about to quote your initial response that I do like those shakes their good, but my best friend is a dietitian and says they aren't so great for you and they are a diuretic.

I'm not saying shakes/bars are bad because like I mentioned I eat the bars. In my opinion I don't believe their realistic to life off of the rest of your life.