Fallen Off The Wagon..help

Options
It's happened...I have fallen off the MFP wagon and it's not good.

Started out doing this cause heading to Spain in March and want to look decent, not all fat and slobby...well the other half finally finished a long contract where he was never home and boom he was home and there every night and I started to eat a little bit more and not logging on to track anything as I didn't want to take time away from him. It had been a 20 month contract seeing him on weekends only and not every weekend so I fell off the wagon.

How do I get back on and how do I get back into the routine of logging in every day and making sure I stay on top of things? Is there a good routine of logging out there that maybe I am not aware of...logging in morning? in evening? after each meal?

Help please.

Replies

• RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the wagon at times so dont be too hard on yourself. If you have a smart phone there is an app that you can download so that you can log your foods on the go. It's the only way that i log my food!! If i didn't have my iPhone app i dont think i would log for half the time that i do!

I would say maybe try to log the day's food in the morning so that you work out what you're going to be eating for the whole day. You will know that if you deviate from what is in your log, you will go over etc.

It's great that your fella is back but dont let him coming back ruin your good work. You are doing this for YOU, not for him so i'm sure he will understand if you take a short break from canoodling with him ( :love: :wink: ) to log your food for the day.

Good luck and keep logging!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You just DO IT. You HAVE to MAKE the time otherwise the excuses take over.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You just DO IT. You HAVE to MAKE the time otherwise the excuses take over.

This^^!
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do mine in the morning, and just stick to it! Maybe try the phone ap. that way if you have something it is about a 3 second stop from him time to log that one thing! Remember this is for you, if you really want it, you have to make sure that you get it! I know you can do it, you have lost 12 already! Just keep at it!!!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Excuses breed excuses breed excuses. I am convinced that it isn't ok to just slip up once in a while unless it is part of your plan. i.e. you are logging everything even when you slip up honestly and making up for it by exercise. You have to truly want the fitness and make it a new lifestyle. You can do it because you did it before. I wish you sincerely the best in getting back on your journey. :)))))
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I fell off the wagon not too long ago and am trying to hop back on now. Good luck to you! :)
  • kimmers99
    Options
    I would just start tracking everything, even if you haven't eaten well. Then you can see how many calories you are actually eating. I have found myself guilty of "cheating" and not tracking it. It makes it really easy to continue to eat like crap. So now I track no matter what. So some days my calories are >3500 can't do that for two many days without feeling terribly guilty and accountable.
  • If you do something for 2 weeks straight it becomes a HABIT! Invite him with you on your walks, what a great time to have beautiful conversations without the distraction of tv or other conversation destroying gadgets! :)
  • rubystar07
    rubystar07 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would just start tracking everything, even if you haven't eaten well. Then you can see how many calories you are actually eating. I have found myself guilty of "cheating" and not tracking it. It makes it really easy to continue to eat like crap. So now I track no matter what. So some days my calories are >3500 can't do that for two many days without feeling terribly guilty and accountable.

totally agree!!

Start from a place of non judgement! I would suggest looking at it like a data report rather than attaching feelings of guilt or despair. For example, you could make an agreement with yourself to track everything for a week and not look at the total calories, then look back on the week and see how much you were eating and what things you can cut out. Just an idea.

We all "fall off the wagon" -- I'm back on here after skipping all of October due to candy. I realize how much better I feel physically when I am watching what I eat.
  • Angelic1971
    Options
    I can relate my hubby was up in Fort Mac for 8 months saw him for about 3 days a month. I didn't have to cook. I ate when and if I wanted to and then he came back home and he wanted to eat out because he was sick of camp food or he wanted the food I used to cook, well that was great for him but not so much for me...I gave him a week and then that was it. We eat the way I want to, I move more when hes home but its the food that messes me up...I got out my kitchen scale and my measuring cups again and started weighing and measuring. If I can do it, you can too, good luck I believe in you so you should too!!
  • campbellfordgranny
    Options
    It's OK to "fall off the wagon", but don't let it stop you from climbing back on .... I do my food diary every night for the following day just before I go to bed, so that in the morning I don't have to think about it ... I plan the whole days meals and snacks that I'm going to have. I put my exercise in after I do it, or again at the end of the day for that day. I don't eat my extra calories alotted for the exercise so this doesn't bother me. My husband is OK with this, it only takes about 5 minutes, I'm sure yours would be too.

Because I track everything and everything I make is from stratch, my husband eats what I eat but slightly bigger portions. He hasn't complained yet and all the food is tasty and healthy, no processed junk.

Thats not to say we don't have the occasional drink, dessert, etc. I just make sure that I enter it into the food diary and account for it. So far this has worked well for me.

Remember this is a lifestyle ... Good luck and stay the course ....
  • kjkb2tx
    Options
    Set yourself a reminder in Outlook or your other email or calendar system.
  • Frogtf
    Frogtf Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your great ideas. One of the great reasons why MFP is good for anyone is the support is wonderful.
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    You've lost more than 10 pounds and that's good. You want to lose more. Okay, that's also good. You can do it. You feel like you've messed up by eating too much and not being disciplined enough. That means that you like to succeed and that's a perfect attitude to take. You can do it. Yesterday has nothing to do with today or tomorrow when it comes to this. Focus on doing now what you know is right. You can do it.

Everybody falls off the wagon. EVERYBODY! You're normal, you're human. Stay with it. You'll be fine.