hello from manchester, england

Options
hi everyone,

started my 1st day on the road to the new me :) and i'd like to make a few friends on here for motivation. if there's any1 in manchester england, it would be nice to buddy up especially when it comes to exercising.

looking to have a good time on here x x

Replies

• SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

started my 1st day on the road to the new me :) and i'd like to make a few friends on here for motivation. if there's any1 in manchester england, it would be nice to buddy up especially when it comes to exercising.

looking to have a good time on here x x
    I'm not in Manchester, England, England...across the Atlantic sea...and I'm by no means a genius, genius...but feel free to add me if you'd like. :-)

(That goes for anyone else reading this post too)
  • AliMatt27
    Options
    Hello there Manchester, England. I live in Ledyard, Connecticut and I am also new to this site. It's been really great, full of really supportive people. I think you'll have a positive experience, I sure am.
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm from London.
  • downsized1
    downsized1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i hope i do have a good time. i know i'm gonna need the support on here
  • marollo6396
    Options
    I am new too would love new friends!! add me!
  • vanlaura
    Options
    I am in Manchester!! Feel free to add me :)x
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas, but have family in London. :)

You can add me if ya want to. ;)
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Warrington, Cheshire!
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • carolineokeeffe
    carolineokeeffe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    I'm from Manchester too. Good luck with it, add me if you want :smile:
  • PorkyPies
    PorkyPies Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been to Manchester a few times. One of my favourite cities - the people are really nice. Good luck!
  • SlowlyFighting
    SlowlyFighting Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I realise that no-one's written on this thread for about a month now, I just typed in Manchester to see who else lives near me, and this turned up!

I'm in Manchester (UK, people, UK!) and seriously lacking in motivation to NOT eat crap whenever I feel strong emotions, ie. I eat when I'm happy and I definitely eat when I'm miz. It's not even that I can call myself a "foodie" because I couldn't tell you the perfect way to serve sea-bass or how crunchy your greens are supposed to be, I just eat high-calorie, high-fat, high-sugar etc. JUNK when I'm like this!

Ok, rant over, anyone know I mean?

Anyway, yeah, Manchester. Went to the Christmas markets for the second time on Monday and had those little Dutch pancake things and garlic-cheese-bread from the French chap on King Street (near The Pen Shop). Oops!
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Is the big German Christmas Market still dead packed? I went a few weeks ago and we could barely move!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    hello, im from Wales! anyone feel free to add me! :tongue:
  • SlowlyFighting
    Options
    Yeah it was, we didn't bother trying to get a drink! You end up losing the people you came with, I mean I think the elderly are great so I'm afraid to be rude to them, but they HAVE to get a jog on when it's busy! I've only ever been in the evenings though (bloody work, getting in the way) so it's probably less rammed then. And let's hope there's no-one drinking until at least 3pm...
  • Hikaru37
    Options
    Hahaha I know, it turned into a battle for escape, I lost patience in the end and just charged through :P
    My mum got some of those little cakes and they weren't half expensive- and she was queueing for aaaaaaages!

Still...CHRISTMASSY!
  • SlowlyFighting
    Options
    I really haven't got into the mood yet! I mean, it's raining and I'm boiling, and we don't have a radio in the office so I'm not bombarded with ridiculous Christmas songs that never fail to at least get you thinking about it! I did want to be in better shape for the actual day as well, my sister is a maniac with her camera, but clearly it's not going to happen in two days! Thank our sweet baby Jesus that I finish work today! The best stall is the soap stall! It smells amazing, and less cloying than Lush because you're in the open air :) I can't spend more than 20 minutes in that shop!
  • Hikaru37
    Options
    My mum's been in the mood for months :P, got all her prezzies last Jan sales and been texting everyone updates since July (6 MONTHS...5....4...then it went to weeks now its days :P). She even had us put the tree and deccies up in November hahaha, gone into full Father Trishmas mode :P, so I would have feared for my life if I hadn't joined in! She might have throttled me with tinsel or something XD

The mood is contageous though so I'm really excited haha :3, thank god you finish work today! Yeah I wanted to have a lot more lost before the day but there's nothing we can do now :P, just make sure all pictures get taken before your Christmas dinner XD!

I didn't even get as far as the soap stall :(, I was literally there for 5 minutes and then my stomach started attacking me so I had to bolt. They told me to wait in the car while they carried on looking! Turned out I had food poisoning from some dodgy chicken in Chiquitos (not gonna put me off though ;D)...but the market was still more important :( <\3
  • SlowlyFighting
    Options
    Oh no! Is it bad of me to say handy, due to the sheer amount of good grub on offer there! My Dad only puts the tree up on the Sunday before Christmas Day, so this year it's been up the longest possible it ever will beforehand! It's not tasteful at all, but he HAS to get the lights perfect before we can start attacking it with baubles etc.!

I'm really good at wasting time here though! Writing on this thread, cutting the stamps off envelopes... The non-franked ones I can give to my mother, who re-uses like she's in 1943!

I've TOLD myself that I'm going straight to the gym after work, stopping off at home only to pick my kit up and eat a piece of fruit. I think it's quite motivational logging everything on here, so I can see exactly what I'm up to and, as it's only ever me looking, I can't pretend I've not eaten something or done more exercise than I really have!

Then I can go tomorrow morning and that's two work-outs in the bag before the 25th! I wish you could just click your fingers and be the size you wanted to be. Like in X-Men where Mystique becomes whoever she wants, you could see someone with the body you want and just look like them instantly.