P90X weight training

Options
Can someone explain why you don't earn extra calories for weight training? I started a P90X/Insanity hybrid program last week and noticed that on weight training days no extra calories were earned.....just curious!

Replies

• DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    There is weight training in the database in the Cardio section
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Do you mean here on this site? I'm doing the same program, I'm on week 7. I wear a hrm for every workout and log the name of the workout and what I burned but you have to put it under cardiovascular. I know its weight training but that is the only way to count it on this site.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I log it in as circuit training or my own that I create I wear my HRM so that I can keep track of my cals.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    if you look at the list of cardio exercises, there is one for calisthenics and weight lifting... use one of those
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    my guess is that it would be too difficult to track the training because the site wouldn't know your level of intensity to count calories. besides most (not all) weight training is anaerobic in nature and not calorie burn focused.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I simply log all my P90X activities as custom cardio workouts. I input the time and calories from my HRM.
  • AnnetteEtch
    AnnetteEtch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do P90X as well and have always wondered the same thing. I wear a HRM as well, so that helps. It tracks my calories burned. I just go by the calories on MFP and add around 300 to allow for the strength training days. I've asked for a Polar HRM for my birthday and it will be a much more accurate count of calories burned, no matter what program I am doing.
  • irefusetoquit
    Options
    I log any workout that I do as cardio. Then there is a record of the program and workout name - and I can input the length of the workout and the calories burned. This makes it easier if you're doing the workouts weekly like in P90X.
  • mommak69
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I have started entering it under "circuit training". I don't own a HRM, but I have been considering getting one.