Vanity Sizing: Love it or hate it?

Options
2»

Replies

• tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have some NEW Lane Bryant jeans in a size 18 that fit great, but the OLD pair of Lane Bryant jeans that I pulled out of the back of my closet are a size 20 and I can barely button them. I'm pretty sure that they have done some vanity sizing since I was last at this weight.

I've also noticed that, with Lane Bryant's blue circle pants I can fit into smaller sizes than if I try on their red triangle pants. Interesting.
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    I hate it.
    Old Navy is the worst for it...one of the largest family discount clothing stores in North America.
    I'm a zero there, but a 6 every where else it seems.
    It gives false hope...and totally not what you'd want to see where the national BMI is slowly soaring off the charts.

Weird, Old Navy is usually only one size off for me. I wear a 10 there but most other brands, I have to buy a 12. I can only think of one brand that I can still wear a junior's 15 in and that is ****ies.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hate it, but find more stress in never being the same size anywhere. For example, I'm a GAP size 0, (American) , Next size 6 (UK), New Look size 8. Just wish I could be the one size everywhere (But preferably 0 !!):happy:
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    HATE IT. I wish that they would do ALL women's jeans the way they do men's....in inches.

THIS!! would be very helpful
  • TLStokes84
    TLStokes84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me because it allows me to shop in some regular stores instead of exclusively plus sized stores. It's not about the number, it's about convenience for me.