Hi...with an intro. :)

Options
Hi everyone, just joined, but I've heard about this place, and there are some people I work with that rave about this site, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I've been overweight my entire life, I remember being 10 years old, and my mom had me in weight watchers. When I was in 8th grade, I went to a nutritionist, and that almost changed my life, I did lose a lot of weight, but then, *flashing lights* major life change of moving across the country, and starting high school without knowing anybody. So my weight came all back again, and remained topsy-turvy all throughout high school.

College wasn't any different either, it was primarily the same. I've come to realize that it's major life changes seem to have an affect on my eating choices, so stress is bad, and when I stress I eat. I'm sure people can attest to that. During this point in time I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and that put a damper on mobility. (I'm on meds, so it's pretty stable right now)

I started exercising regularly (3 to 4 times a week) at my local gym in early August. I know I've lost some weight, because I've been able to fit into some pants that have found a permanent residence in my closet, and haven't been worn in months. I'm noticing that my arms are getting leaner, my legs are leaner, and definitely my stomach has diminished somewhat, but it doesn't reflect it on the scale. I definitely feel stronger too, which I'm glad.

At my heaviest, I've been 330 lbs, currently I'm hovering around 315 to 320 lbs, it usually varies week to week. And I know the saying "muscle weighs more than fat," so that's a good thing, but I'm hoping the scale catches up to that mentality.

Any help/motivation/support/tips greatly appreciated!!

Thanks! :):smile:

Replies

• Felbsies
    Felbsies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It sounds like you are already on the right path. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck add me up you like.....time to kik some........
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place and I think you will like it! Good luck! Feel free to add me :)
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Two things: make sure you faithfully and honestly log everything. Second: get yourself some friends who will motivate and support you. I'm sending a friend request.
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This place is awesome!! Welcome and feel free to add me!