Two chocolate Chunk Cookies called out to me

Options
I have not eaten any sweets at all since I started keeping track of my food on this website until yesterday(it has been months). I ate 2 huge cookies when I went to get my car repaired. Now I just want to eat a lot of chocolate. I know that once I start on sweets, I cannot stop. Haven't done that tho- ate the two gigantic cookies and then did not have dinner. Thoughts???Sure don't feel on track right now.

Replies

• crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have not eaten any sweets at all since I started keeping track of my food on this website until yesterday(it has been months). I ate 2 huge cookies when I went to get my car repaired. Now I just want to eat a lot of chocolate. I know that once I start on sweets, I cannot stop. Haven't done that tho- ate the two gigantic cookies and then did not have dinner. Thoughts???Sure don't feel on track right now.

I know what you mean, I've been doing really well and then an in&out chocolate shake magically appeared on my desk and I inhaled it.... guess, I have to get a run in tonight even though I hadn't planned on working out.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    Eat your healthy dinner. Skipping a meal whilst craving chocolate isn't going to do you any favors in a couple hours when you're hungry and haven't met your caloric needs in a good way.

Brush your teeth after dinner, you'll be less likely to want a "good taste" in your mouth if you're all minty.
  • time2scrap
    time2scrap Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I chew sugar free gum, it helps my mouth stay busy while making me feel like I got a little sweet fix.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Give in to your cravings once in a while. It's not going to sabotage your diet plan. Just record it so you can make sure you aren't doing it too often and move on. When you start feeling horribly guilty for eating something and dwelling on it is when you start to get into trouble.

I have "treats" quite frequently and I am still doing really really well.

<
    Proof that it is O.K to have occassional treats!!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat anything that could talk.

This is the problem with completely depriving yourself. You end up binging more later. Try to find a way to fit sweets into your life on a more regular basis. For example: Hershey's dark chocolate kisses are only 20 calories each. Suck on a few and your craving should subside.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

This is the problem with completely depriving yourself. You end up binging more later. Try to find a way to fit sweets into your life on a more regular basis. For example: Hershey's dark chocolate kisses are only 20 calories each. Suck on a few and your craving should subside.

Sucking on kisses always gives me other cravings :wink: :wink:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself of anything and I ahve much better control. If you do not cheat everynow and then, you are settting yourself up to binge.
  • jhutch2011
    jhutch2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sugar free gum always does the trick for me
  • malaika1981
    malaika1981 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want this to be a lifestyle change not a diet
    i am learning what to eat to be healthy
    i think from time to time we are all going treat ourselves
    1 day here and there for gigantic cookie isnt gonna hurt anyone!
  • brunzella92
    brunzella92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should beat yourself up over it. If you haven't eaten sweets in a long while...congrats to that :bigsmile:

I would just not make a habit out of it. Just get yourself back on track and move on! Great job on not eating them all along!
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options

Sucking on kisses always gives me other cravings :wink: :wink:

*high five* Seriously though I agree, depriving yourself completely is going to bite you in the end. Have a rare treat, but record it to make sure it stays rare.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    I started MFP 6 weeks ago and have lost 6 lbs.....i did this by staying within my calories and consistent exercise. I allow myself to eat what i want...portion control is key