Vision v Reality

Options
Hey guys

Does anyone else find themselves thinking of food from the moment they wake up to the moment to go to bed? i get so motivated thinking of the end result and i have this vision of my with the lost weight, but then reality hits of the way i am now when i look in the mirror and it gets me really down and i realise how far i have to go. Does anyone have any good tips to get out of this mood? :(

Replies

• amandamyers1212
    Options
    go workout
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Sometimes when I have a thought that naggs at me I write it down and then suddenly it goes away. Try getting into something that makes you feel good and forget about the stress. Join a dance class, journal/blog, get a dog (I have one who is super amazing and it makes me forget other things completely), get on here and look for some motivation and inspiration. You can friend me and if your ever feeling down theres always a way to get back up. Just know what you want :)
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Every time you feel that mood hit go the "Success Stories" section of the message board. When I had 100lbs to lose, I felt like I couldn't possibly ever achieve that. I relied heavily on other's success to change my mindset. Now, after only 11 months (so little time when you take into consideration the 30 yrs that I spent morbidly obese) I AM one of those success stories. Rely on your family here at MFP. We will pull you through it!
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    I totally think of food all day... but I tend to think of it more as fuel than food. (if that makes any sense)

I think it's REALLY important to understand that this is a process. Regardless of what your goal is, none of us got to the point where we are over night and likewise, we won't get results over night.

Start off with the small goals. Something simple. I'm a big fan of a weekly (or even bi-weekly weigh in's). Then.. just focus on your daily MFP plan (work outs, meals, etc..)

Make tracking and reaching your daily goals your focus.. if you do that, the rest will follow and months from now you'll look back and suddenly see this significant change which happened gradually.

Good luck!
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing to do is think of it in terms of mini goals, otherwise it can just seem overwhelming!! Focus on say what your goal to achieve by christmas is (and be realistic). And I would say allow yourself a little treat in moderation everyday or at least every week. It does seem very difficult at the start as it is a lifestyle change really, and change is never very easy.

Good luck!!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    By the way girl..... you are already BEAUTIFUL. It's great that you want to get fit but that mirror is lying to you!
  • 65jackie
    65jackie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do this too. I find myself quite often thinking of next summer when I'll be wearing size 10 jeans again. When I think of how far I still have to go, I remind myself that with each day that passes I'm a day closer to getting there. Before I began this journey in September I went back and forth with the idea of just waiting and starting after the holidays, blah blah blah. You know, finding excuses not to start. Anyway, I'm down 15 pounds and will be down even more by the first of the new year. I remembered a quote I'd read that said "A year from now you'll wish you'd started today".

You WILL get to the end result, just try to focus one day at a time - you can do it! :smile:
  • sianieee27
    sianieee27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! you know i have only been on here for 3 days and it is already making a difference being able to have and give support! you guys are great :) x