milk!

Options
ok so i am eating better cereal but why does milk even 1% have so much sugar!???! ugh! i am over my sugar everyday! and i dont want to gain what i lost since i am no longer on the phertermine pill
i went from 2% to 1% dont think i can do skim- got some soy milk, its ok cant drink it too much though

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Has lactose <--- milk sugar :]

Sugar is just a carbohydrate. I wouldn't worry too much about it! Will not stall your weight loss :]
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar by a lot pretty much every single day... I don't think sugar should be a big worry for gaining back weight.
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Milk naturally contains sugar. It was designed to give all nutrients to a baby cow, sugar, protein, and fats. Good luck with your goals.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    lactose, fructose, sucrose, complex carbohydrates...they all turn to glucose in the body
  • bbkohn
    bbkohn Posts: 29
    Options
    Getting under your MFP sugar goal is almost impossible. That doesnt mean that you should throw all you know about watching your sugar intake out the window, it just means that more then likely, you're going to be getting more sugar then your goal. Sugars are found in more then just cake, they're in just about every food, especially fruit. So, in regards to your weight loss, I'd just stick to the healthier types of sugar and it wont hinder your loss
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Try goat milk. I've been using goat milk for years and it better for you.
  • ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I get Silk unsweetened soy milk. 1g sugar and no lactose; making it a great substitution if you intend to cook savoury foods with it as well. If you can't stand the taste I just don't know what to tell you- I personally cannot stand the taste of animal milks. Remind yourself where it comes from and what it is used for- fattening baby animals.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Getting under your MFP sugar goal is almost impossible. That doesnt mean that you should throw all you know about watching your sugar intake out the window, it just means that more then likely, you're going to be getting more sugar then your goal. Sugars are found in more then just cake, they're in just about every food, especially fruit. So, in regards to your weight loss, I'd just stick to the healthier types of sugar and it wont hinder your loss

^This. But for what it's worth, almond milk has 0g sugar :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    But almond milk doesn't have the protein. Depends on your goals/macros :D
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    But almond milk doesn't have the protein. Depends on your goals/macros :D

Yeah, only 1g protein....
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Milk contains sugar (lactose) because baby cows need sugar. Human milk also contains sugar, as does every other kind of mammal's milk. Since it's produced for babies, it contains the things that babies need.