Struggles? Naw just silly excuses!

Options
First off I know everyone is different and our bodies change differently. BUT I've kinda half a.sed lost weight or haven't really just got down and dirty and lost this weight because I want to keep my curves and I don't want saggy skin. My husband tells me don't worry about that stupid stuff and if I lift weights build my muscles back up I would be fine. But I have no strength and don't even know where to start due to me laying around almost a whole year because I have two desenegrated disk that took them forever to figure out because I had hip pain and not back pain. They figured it out had some procedures done and I was up and at it lost 35lbs in like 3months started having a lil back pain and stopped, gained it all back and then some. I'm ok now just need to get moving and change my eating habits.

I know I didn't ask any questions but would want to hear any input you have to say about this. Any encouraging words, strength exercises, anything you would want to say about this I would love to hear it. Thanks!

Replies

• MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I dont know much about the back problems dear but I weigh 317 I have already lost 16lbs. I was worried that I would loose my boobs and have hanging skin too... I have found that low impcat aerobics, walking, and yoga... are really good for me and easy on my body. I am sore from the strength training but I am seeing results! Feel free to add me! Hope this helps!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    All last year I did cardio ONLY. I lost weight...but my Sweeite was a personal trainer and he said I had to include strength training and I read this book that said that you will increase your results and look better if you lifted.

So I started including strength and weight lifting with him. I also bought a book (I will get the name later) that had strength training for women. I starting lifting very light, to burn and because I wasn't strong. Start off with 5lbs weights. You can also look on the internet for beginners.

I have always wanted to lose weight...but it wasn't until I WAS REALLY MENTALLY READY that I really did it! Make the decision and then go after it! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • rickluvsme
    Options
    First of all congrats to you on your weight lose . What was the name of the Book
  • fyceasar
    Options
    @MrsPeavly thanks and congratulations on your weight loss.
    @badgirl I feel as if my mind is ready but my body just not following like I invision in my mind...lol but if you can remember to get the name of the book I would love to read it. Thank you so much for your support!