Don't want to be a fat bride!

Options
Hi all! I belong to this and Sparkpeople. I need all the help I can get! Getting married in July and ready to shave down the pounds. That would be so nice if we could do just that. But oh well! Ready to get moving and any suggestions would be great! I have an 8 year old little girl and a soon to be 4 year old step daughter. Plus a new house and the wedding and I work full time on top of it. So I gotta make some time in my life for me and my health and this is a good way to start!!

Replies

• DebbieDuffy31
    Options
    Hi all! I belong to this and Sparkpeople. I need all the help I can get! Getting married in July and ready to shave down the pounds. That would be so nice if we could do just that. But oh well! Ready to get moving and any suggestions would be great! I have an 8 year old little girl and a soon to be 4 year old step daughter. Plus a new house and the wedding and I work full time on top of it. So I gotta make some time in my life for me and my health and this is a good way to start!!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    First of all, Welcome! MFP has been a great tool for me and I am sure that it can be for you as well.

1) Make goals. Your profile says that you want to lose a lot of weight, so the temptation might be to set the bar WAY too high... set mini goals that are within a reasonable timeframe, and set some goals that are not related to weight. But make them definite. Don't be vague.
    2) Now that you have your goals, make a plan on how you are going to reach each goal. If 'working out 4x a week for 1hr' is one of your goals, pull out your dayplanner and schedule in those hours +prep time. Be specific with your plan. Visualize it (that always helps me:wink: )
    3) Find a partner. Research shows that we are uber-x more likely to stick with a plan and reach goals if we have someone along the journey with us. Maybe someone at work has been talking about getting busy with being active, or a neighbor, or someone from church.
    4) Tell your family, fiance, friends, and anyone who will listen points 1) and 2)... that will act as a second layer of accountability.
    5) Find motivation on all levels. I think sometimes we only go for one kind of motivation (the bikini I haven't worn since highschool -or- my children -or- my health -or- whatever): I've found that sometimes I need the motivators like 'I just want to brag to my friends that I ran a mile' -and- 'I want to be the coolest auntie alive when my nieces go to college' -and- 'the bikini (wedding dress?) I always wanted to wear but couldn't ever fit in to.'
    6) BE HONEST. About everything. We lie talk our way into weight by making it 'not such a big deal' or 'I just need it today' or 'it's really not that bad for me'. It's time for some hard core, no joke, butt kicking action and you are the only person who can do the kicking and the action (and the only one with the butt in this equation too :wink: ) Honesty is key when you are recording cals, exercise, water, etc.

Investments that have helped me along the way: 1) Good shoes. 2) Heart rate monitor. 3) Mp3 player. 4) Subscription to a health/sports magazine. 5) Yoga mat.

It is not impossible. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tobeyoung
    Options
    Why I Want To Get In Shape
    I want to live long so that I can annoy lots of people!

HAHAHAH ok i like you already
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with pixie.
    I just want to add that you should make sure your goals are realistic. Planning a wedding can be stressful enough and you don't want to wear yourself out before your big day.

Good luck :wink:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck! There are lots of us here, shedding weight AND planning a wedding. Both are hard work, but you'll have tons of support here, so I know you can do it! :flowerforyou:

Kerri:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • DebbieDuffy31
    Options
    Thanks all! Getting there with the weight loss next month going to get my dress! WOO HOO! At least one size down hopeing for two by then!
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck to you! WElcome to the MFP Family :flowerforyou: