One year later...

Options
I was feeling particularly discouraged yesterday, so this morning I asked my favorite trainer at the gym to print off a comparison of my weight and measurements between now and a year ago. I started on MFP in October of 2010, but I took a 6 month break earlier this year while living overseas (2lbs gain in 6 months). The weight wasn't the biggest thing for me to see, it was all the other measurements.

Weight: 214 -> 187.5 lbs
Bust: 41 -> 37.5 in
Waist: 33 -> 31 in
Abs: 35 -> 34.5 in
Hips: 48 -> 44 in
Thigh: 26 -> 24.5 in
Arm: 13.3 -> 12.5 in
Total: 14.6 inches lost

Shirt size: 18/20 -> 12/14
Pant size: 18 (snug) -> 14 (getting looser)

But the biggies are:
Body fat %: 38.3% -> 34%
Or as my trainer put it: "That's 17 lbs of butter!!"
and
BMI: 33.51 -> 29.5 I'M NO LONGER OFFICIALLY OBESE!!!!!

These aren't the biggest results, and heaven knows I want to lose a lot more, but sometimes it's important to realize the small victories too :smile:

Replies

• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You should be very proud!
  • nikka488
    nikka488 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job. The #1 secret is consistency. Just keep moving forward and you'll get to where you want to be. But don't forget to pat yourself on the back. You've earned it.
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    Awesome work! you should be so proud of yourself, fantastic progress!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Great work! I can't wait to post Before/Afters!
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I am also out of the officially obese category for the first time since high school. I know what a challeng that is.

GOOD WORK!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You have done very well! Congratulations! Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Karen_145
    Options
    After getting discouraged you did what it took to help you feel better about your progress rather than giving up. Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!