would you count this as "cheating"?

Options
2»

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Errr...hello! If you are deficient it means that you're not functioning normally so no it's not cheating its being healthy! I take iron and b vitamin supplements as well as cod liver oil, oil of evening primrose, selenium and extra vitamin c, d and e after a suspect underactive thryroid due to exercise and confirmed low iron levels...
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I gained 50lbs in one year and I am on B12 injections. I don't think its going to speed up your metabolism so much that you will drop huge numbers
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Now I'm curious, is there any substance that would be considered a cheating tool if all it did was speed up metabolism?
    Uh, YEAH!!

1 - cocaine
    2 - amphetamine
    3 - methamphetamine
  • chefchazz
    Options
    cheating? really? that is a silly question!
    [/quote

if someone doesnt know, and they ask, how the hell is that silly??????:angry:
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    No it's not at all =] B12 is good for you, I have to take it since I'm vegan. It speeding up metabolism is so minuscule. Taking diet pills claiming to make you lose half your extra body fat is very different from B12. B12 is just another thing your body needs like Vitamin C

=]
  • loulou_z
    Options
    if it is something that you body is lacking, then possibly your metablism isn't working correctly either. I have hypothyroidism and my metablism is pretty much no existent. i exercise 4 times a week and stick to eating plan and i'm lucky if i can lose 200g!! Do as ur Dr says, it can only help.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The impact on your metabolism will be negligible, believe me! :flowerforyou:
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    Now I'm curious, is there any substance that would be considered a cheating tool if all it did was speed up metabolism?
    Uh, YEAH!!

1 - cocaine
    2 - amphetamine
    3 - methamphetamine

I had no idea those sped up metabolism. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Why would that be cheating? It is probably the reason you are NOT losing weight. I take B-12 injection weekly.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    What does it matter what other's think, get your health in check.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    No way. I am hypothyroid and take Armour but also take a Super B vitamin and Biotin as supplements.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Cheating is defined as breaking a rule. The significant question is "whose rule are you breaking?" IMO, where weight loss is concerned, nobody's rules matter but yours.

I think you should follow the doc's advice. If your hemoglobin level gets below about 10, you're in danger and might need a transfusion to recover. Levels below 5 or so can be acutely deadly.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    What is a crappy thyroid. I have been going to an endocrololist for years and have Graves disease. I dont think that is cheating, its a vitamin.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Taking a vitamin because your body is deficient in it is in no way cheating.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    No, it's not cheating at all. In fact, with an underactive thyroid, you've actually been getting the short end of the stick. Medication is meant to bring you to normal.
    ^^THIS!