Zumba and Body Balance

Options
Anyone know how many calories Zumba and Body Balance classes burn? They are not mentioned in the available listing?

Replies

• MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your personal profile. I bought myself a watch-style HRM to track the calories, because it really does vary. I did 45 minutes of Zumba on my Wii the other day (the original), and I burned 789 calories! There are websites you can check to get an estimate (just Google Zumba calorie burn), but if you've got a HRM, I recommend using it.
  • Jennycyr
    Jennycyr Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi Beverley
    I found this site today. http://www.zumbacalories.com/ I know a heart rate monitor is best but I hope this site can help. THey have a low, medium and high workout level.

Jen
  • ruthvbailey
    ruthvbailey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I do 45 minutes of zumba most nights. In 45 minutes of zumba you burn between 500 - 1000 calories. I usually calculate mine by working out calories used in low/high exercises. There is a website called www.zumba.com which has a calculator and you just need to put in your weight and how many minutes you exercise to give you the correct response.
  • BeverleyDunn
    BeverleyDunn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I think I will have to get one of those monitors. I googled as you suggested and have found some burn rates which seem to align with comparable exercises that are listed. I have managed to find ratings for Body Pump, LBT, Zumba, and Balance so I at least now have an estimate I can apply until I get a monitor. Thanks again :smile:
  • clarinh0
    Options
    I went to a body balance class today and burned 200 calories