So I'm allowed 2130 calories a day of course I don't consume
Them all and I burn most of what I eat, I know you should eat more to lose
more should I be eating more I'm satisfied with what I'm eating
but ill it slow down my weight loss.

Replies

• aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my net calories to at least 1200 calories everyday. It really does work--eat "more" (1200) & you lose weight. Good Luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    what-is.gif
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    is this a haiku
    it really seems poetic
    but it makes no sense
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    So I'm allowed 2130 calories a day of course I don't consume
    Them all and I burn most of what I eat, I know you should eat more to lose
    more should I be eating more I'm satisfied with what I'm eating
    but ill it slow down my weight loss.

Assuming you have entered your information correctly, you should be meeting your calorie goal every day, including eating at least some of your exercise calories.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Never net under 1200, if you do you're
    Gonna slow down your metabolism. It's better to
    Give your body fuel so you can function, or
    You will eventually have slowed weight loss.
    Up your calorie intake if you're netting under 1200, or cut back on the workouts. It's
    Never healthy to burn ALL of the calories you're consuming. I'm
    Gonna honestly suggest also that you
    Let MFP recalculate your calories again, because 2130 seems high for weight loss, unless
    You are saying it's usually 2130 WITH the exercise calories you earned. Otherwise, the number should go
    Down.
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    No its not a haiku... I just changes my goals on mfp,it was set to lose a pound and a half a week working out 6 days a week, so I changed it to lose a pound a week and workout 6 days a week now its telling me I'm allowed 2350 calories a day I.think that way to Mich and I don't wanna eat that much I do wanna eat 1200 that seems far but that's not.what its recommending for me....WHAT SHOULD I DO!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    What did you set your normal daily activities at when you set your goal?

The calories it's giving you do seem a tad high for weight loss but that doesn't mean you should automatically eat only 1200 and not eat exercise calories back. So, for instance, if you picked Very Active when you're really sedentary or lightly active, you wouldn't eat your exercise calories back because they're already accounted for in your activity level.

It really depends on your age, height and weight (and, of course, daily activity level).
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    What did you set your normal daily activities at when you set your goal?

The calories it's giving you do seem a tad high for weight loss but that doesn't mean you should automatically eat only 1200 and not eat exercise calories back. So, for instance, if you picked Very Active when you're really sedentary or lightly active, you wouldn't eat your exercise calories back because they're already accounted for in your activity level.

It really depends on your age, height and weight (and, of course, daily activity level).

...is it just me or does the above response not seem correct for MFP? i've understood the activity level choices to be just that -- a close interpretation of your normal daily activity level -- at home, at work, with kids, etc... -- outside of and regardless of exercise. THEN the exercise -- formalized 'workouts' are added in ALSO.. and the way that MFP is designed is that the calories
    you burn with 'workouts', you then can/should eat back. You want to NET at least 1200.

....if i've missed the whole idea, please shoot me now! :drinker:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was trying to get my response in before I left for work. :smile:

We're both right. :tongue:

But what I'm saying is 1200 calories (net) isn't right for everyone. People like to throw that number around A LOT around here. A 300 lb 5'2" woman won't be the same as a 110 lb 5'2" woman.

But also, like I said before, if she picked Very Active as her activity level but were really sedentary, the Very Active level already accounts for the extra calories she would be expending through exercise so, if she added any exercise she did and ate those back, she'd be double dipping.