One year later...

I was feeling particularly discouraged yesterday, so this morning I asked my favorite trainer at the gym to print off a comparison of my weight and measurements between now and a year ago. I started on MFP in October of 2010, but I took a 6 month break earlier this year while living overseas (2lbs gain in 6 months). The weight wasn't the biggest thing for me to see, it was all the other measurements.

Weight: 214 -> 187.5 lbs
Bust: 41 -> 37.5 in
Waist: 33 -> 31 in
Abs: 35 -> 34.5 in
Hips: 48 -> 44 in
Thigh: 26 -> 24.5 in
Arm: 13.3 -> 12.5 in
Total: 14.6 inches lost

Shirt size: 18/20 -> 12/14
Pant size: 18 (snug) -> 14 (getting looser)

But the biggies are:
Body fat %: 38.3% -> 34%
Or as my trainer put it: "That's 17 lbs of butter!!"
and
BMI: 33.51 -> 29.5 I'M NO LONGER OFFICIALLY OBESE!!!!!

These aren't the biggest results, and heaven knows I want to lose a lot more, but sometimes it's important to realize the small victories too :smile:

Replies

• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Fantastic job! You should be very proud!
  • nikka488
    nikka488 Posts: 8 Member
    Great job. The #1 secret is consistency. Just keep moving forward and you'll get to where you want to be. But don't forget to pat yourself on the back. You've earned it.
  • Awesome work! you should be so proud of yourself, fantastic progress!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Great work! I can't wait to post Before/Afters!
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 85 Member
    I totally understand! I am also out of the officially obese category for the first time since high school. I know what a challeng that is.

GOOD WORK!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    You have done very well! Congratulations! Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • After getting discouraged you did what it took to help you feel better about your progress rather than giving up. Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!