Reshape the nation

Options
I just joined reshape the nation and was wondering if anyone else has or is using this system? Can you explain to me about it

Replies

• chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Sorry, dont know what it is. Hopefully someone on here does though.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. What's it like so far?
  • oconor316
    oconor316 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's from Chris Powell and David smith a.k.a the 650 pound virgin. David lost over 400 lbs using this system. The site looks good so far but requires a lot of fresh healthy foods. They also have a system called the stax system that helps organize and store your food.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I've seen Chris Powell's site, and his methods should work. However, I'm not a fan of sites you have to pay for. While the Stax system has its merits, you could do the same thing with your own storage containers for a lot less money. As for the rest of his methods, you can get the same info here on this site for free.

However, if the site helps motivate you and provides the support that you're looking for, then it's worth the money to you.

Personally, I think Chris Powell is a pretty good guy with good intentions. Best of luck to you!
  • catesalim1
    Options
    I've been doing Reshape the Nation on and off for a few months. They've recently really improved their website, to make it more user friendly.

I think the ideas about Hi and Lo days make sense, as well as the change up in the intervals - everything I've read recently confirms that's the way to go. What I use it for primarily is a guide to what I need to eat for the day (I make modifications for preferences), and I really like the strength training videos for each day. I like the idea that the foods are simple to throw together, and have gotten me off of eating frozen meals (and running out for fast food all the time). The Reward days are paced, so you don't feel deprived - I've failed at diets when I feel like I can NEVER have something "cheat", and this way, it's part of it and gives me something to look forward to, and also has helped with self control.

I use MFP becuase personally I need to journal my food and exercise. It's been helpful too because I found that some of the choices I was making on Reshape we'rent always the best ones calorie wise... I love a certain granola, but wow is it high in calories.

The Staxx system has been helpful, but with the modifications to the web site, really not necessary. The plan does require measuring your food, but you can easily do that with a measuring cup and some cheap plastic containers. The Staxx system cooler has mainly been helpful when I'm working really long days and don't have access to a fridge.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.