Green Tea - How much is too much?

Options
I have heard all the benefits of green tea so now im putting it to the test but thats all Im drinking apart from water.
Will it be effective in detox and weight loss or could it have a negative effect??

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I heard drinking 4 cups a day can help you lose weight. However, I just pop the green tea extract pills. Been doin so for over 6 months haven't seen or noticed any difference in my life.
  • Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love green tea!! The only negative thing about with me is, if I drink too much I have trouble sleeping.
  • hallo_chief
    hallo_chief Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea all the time and haven't seen any negative effects. Even if it doesn't help you, it keeps you hydrated at least so there is at least one benefit. If you're worried that it may cause negative side effects in you, just keep an eye on any abnormal feelings - stomach ache etc. Otherwise, drink away (:
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with green tea. When I have it around and I'm drinking it regularly (at least a mug a day) I notice my stomach is flatter and I feel all around better.
  • merB89
    merB89 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'll second the trouble sleeping part, but that's usually also on days when I have coffee or coke too
  • emily773
    Options
    Green tea is awesome! The only bad side effect would be a sensitivity to caffeine I guess, but there is decaf available. I know for sure Lipton has decaf green tea.
    Happy sipping!
  • kantone999
    Options
    If you drink enough, it can be problematic. Caffeine raises blood cortisol levels (that's the stress hormone) that make you crave carbs and put on weight for the dreaded spare tire effect. I drink Lipton decaf green tea--4 mg caffeine per tea bag. You do lose some of the anti-oxidants but you avoid the cortisol problem.