Interesting thing my bf said

Options
fatty2fit88
fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
Last week my bf was telling me how his friend told him that "when your significant other is spending a lot of time working out its a sign to get worried and can mean that they are getting ready to get back into the single market" hahaha and a few times this week he has been telling me to work out less (in a joking sort of way) also he feels guilty having lost his six pack due to exams!!.... is it not hilarious??

Comments???

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA That is sooooo funny! I haven't heard anything like that before!! :laugh:
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I heard that on the radio the other day...they were talking about signs that your significant other is getting ready to leave you...it's a possibility! lol
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    hahhaa... I guess you would be making a good progress on your healthy lifestyle journey!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    I've seen a bunch of posts about this recently. So funny. :)
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    I would say his friend is trying to scare him. Sounds like your BF knows the truth, you are working out to better yourself.
  • mgero212
    Options
    HAHAHA my boyfriends friends all told him the same thing then I am getting my sexy back or what they want to call it. My guy asked me what I thought and I told him that his friends are silly.
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend says the same thing sorta. We joke that I'm gonna leave him after I lose my weight. Of course I won't though :) we're in it for life!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    OMG bf is convinced I am loosing weight and working out so that I could leave him for someone else; I don't how he got that into his head, but he has brough it up now like 3 times! It's a lil annoying and cute at same time! :P
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i would've just not answered. just would've just mindf%(#ed him. like a mind ninja.
  • Chelly02
    Chelly02 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lol that is interesting! My ex thought the same thing. He jokingly (in a serious way) said that i was doing it for more attention and figured once i started to get it i wouldn't need him anymore. I don't know if that happen to someone he knew or something but it was weird haha. I think they get scared that you'll get more conceited, confident, or cocky and want to find something "better" than what you currently have....not only bf's but friends and family also
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey, they're bound to say something interesting from time to time.
  • fatty2fit88
    Options
    that is hilarious!!!!!! lol .... esp since my super fit bf is getting slightly unfit due to hectic exams he is doing...he feels even more pressured .... as he has always been the one with the better body in the relationship :P he is so competitive... (he has nothing to compete with really) when running with me or playing a sport its kind of cute.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Nobody has to tell me. I know everyone's jealous of my weight loss.
  • fatty2fit88
    Options
    Lol that is interesting! My ex thought the same thing. He jokingly (in a serious way) said that i was doing it for more attention and figured once i started to get it i wouldn't need him anymore. I don't know if that happen to someone he knew or something but it was weird haha. I think they get scared that you'll get more conceited, confident, or cocky and want to find something "better" than what you currently have....not only bf's but friends and family also

hahaha funny thing is when we met years ago I was skinny 119 pounds 5'5 ...and gained weight throughout our relationship and now that i'm close to my past weight he is like URE SO FREAKIN SKINNY EAT MORE WILL YA lol....

my friends think he is an enabler for my previous bad eating habits. Getting my freakin cookies and chips all the time!! at one point I ate the same as him i'm 5'5 and he is 6'3 ...that's all I'm gonna say lol!
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My fiance has been saying the same thing for months now!!!! He always says that I'm gonna "meet some hot guy at the gym" and leave him... it's so ridiculous. I always tell him that after 10 years of sticking with me through crazy weight fluctuations, and being made fun of for dating "the fat girl," he deserves to MARRY the hot girl.

I'm almost there! haha
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    lol that's funny because my boyfriend and I are both doing this, and I was the one to jokingly say that he was going to find a hotter girl if he got fit and I stopped losing weight (I was worried about my hypothyroidism hindering my weight loss, but it hasn't). I've actually lost more than him, but it's not a competition lol he's pretty thrilled with how I look already though!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    OMG, that is SO funny.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i think its true in many cases even if people arent actually thinking about it. they get healthy and then if their partner makes no effort too after time they will just move on.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    My husband's friend used to say the same thing about when a girl would change her hair. That also meant she was about to break up with her man.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I make that comment to my boyfriend sometimes! I mean not exactly that but I'm all "look when I'm too hot for you and we break up you can keep the TV but I get the cats ok?"

I don't MEAN it but I guess I was aware of that stereotype since I knew to make those jokes.