Pity Party for me: TMI colonoscopy

Options
:cry: Tomorrow I'm scheduled for my first colonscopy...and I'm pretty much terrified. Any minute now I have to start drinking 64 oz. of Gatorade mixed with a 14 day supply of laxatives. But too bad I guess, it has to be done...:sad:

Replies

• tech_sarah
    Options
    :cry: Tomorrow I'm scheduled for my first colonscopy...and I'm pretty much terrified. Any minute now I have to start drinking 64 oz. of Gatorade mixed with a 14 day supply of laxatives. But too bad I guess, it has to be done...:sad:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You poor thing. A colonoscopy scares (oh geez, I was about to use the phrase "scares the crap outta me")...... um, scares me a lot.

I have had to use GoLightly (which should be named Go Quickly!!) before having an abdomenal surgery. My only recommendation is to have baby wipes handy.... they will be more gentle on your tush.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh you poor thing. :cry: I hope you get though it all right. I'll pray that you will. Good luck. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its not as bad as it seems...kinda a mind over matter thing..most physicians/nurses are really understanding..baby wipes and I would sleep on a towel overnight..just to be safe
  • algiampolo
    Options
    Trust me when I tell you that the drink is the worst part.....you won't remember a thing after you get to your appointment. I was only 26 when I had mine....but they are the best way to spot any trouble or potential problems. Good luck and I will be thinking about you today.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    It's true, the drink is the worst. Congrats on taking care of your body! Let us know how you are.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sandhya60
    sandhya60 Posts: 1
    Options
    ACTUALLY THE PROCEDURE WAS WORSE FOR ME. WITHOUT CONTINUING MY PITY PARTY, I WOKE UP DURING THE PROCEDURE. SO TODAY I AM RELIVING THE PAINS I FELT DURING THE PROCEDURE. I WANTED TO HAVE THEM STOP, TOLD THEM BUT THEY WOULDN'T, THEY KEPT JUST SAYING "ITS OKAY...KEEP BREATHING" SO WAS REAL ANGRY LAST NIGHT. I AM SORE TODAY FROM ALL THE BUMPS I FELT. I AM HAPPY BUT UPSET AT THE SAME TIME.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened.:flowerforyou: Your anesthesiologist needs a swift kick where the sun doesn't shine for letting that occur.:angry:
    Treat yourself well and you will be back to your old self in a day or two.:flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened.:flowerforyou: Your anesthesiologist needs a swift kick where the sun doesn't shine for letting that occur.:angry:
    Treat yourself well and you will be back to your old self in a day or two.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsmillan
    mrsmillan Posts: 37
    Options
    I have had to drink that stuff 3 times, twice for colonoscopies, and once for my total colectomy surgery and I am only 28, the drink is the worst part, most of the procedure itself you wont remember, mine I was not asleep but so drugged up I could barley feel anything and was in and out of sleep, and of course for my surgery I was out! youll be happy when its all over because for preventitive stuff its worth it, I had to do it to see how bad my ulcerative colitis was, and obviously it was super bad, because the surgery I had was to take out my entire large intestine.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Really, the preparation is the worst part. I would hope that the nightmare of waking during the procedure is rare. I've never heard of anyone else having that happen and I know lots of people that have had the test including myself. And I'm so sorry for the person above that had to go thru that.