new to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi! I'm not really new to weightloss. I've been doing Weight Watchers on and off for two years, but I don't really want to keep paying just to track my food. Any other former Weight Watchers users have advice on making the transition?

Replies

• NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    I still do the WW program, but the old system. I still use a written food journal and write everything down using my points. But then I also log it into MFP. It gives me a better idea of the sugar, protein, sodium, etc.
    It's probably pointless to "journal" twice, but it works for me. :-)
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I must have been on Weight Watchers, 30 years ago. Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lawson305
    Options
    I too was a WW subscriber, and felt somewhat limited in what I could eat on that plan, and I was not educating myself as to the caloric values of foods. I love this plan (MFP), and the barcode scanner on my iphone is a godsend! It's so easy to track and stay focused, and I'm not nearly consumed with the energy/effort tracking with WW involved. I found myself buying some of WW products just to save myself from having to convert into points. Yes, it is still "Tracking," but the MFP program is just much easier - and I've yet to encounter any issues - and at the price of "free," I can manage!
  • dswood
    dswood Posts: 12
    Options
    I have done WW, also. I find this site much easier. As long as you track your calories, it will work for you. Good luck!!!!!
  • jack_
    jack_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi "fish". I'm a card carrying, 60 pounds overweight, life time members of weight watchers. It's definitely me, not the program, to blame for that of course. My only advice is what I know works for me and that is regardless of weight watchers or whatever other tool you use, a huge key to success is journaling. I just started myfitnesspal but have used a similar tool in the past. The flexibility to update your food diary across multiple platforms (blackberry, pc, kindle fire :), etc) is awesome. That combined with the huge database and slick layout make it really easy to journal. If I can stick with that, and stick with my exercise plan, I know the results will follow.

Good luck fish.

Jack

12859170.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    hi

I have done WW over the years - and while I did lose weight - I also found it instilled a bit of guilt in me - such as they would say 'you can have wine and olives' - like who drinks 100mls of wine and eats 3 olives LOL!!!?
    So with doing this - I can still lhave my 'silly times' if I want and it is all more about compensating in other ways - like up the exercise or make sure you don't have fish and chips every day!!

welcome anyways