2 workouts a day??

Options
Hey Everyone!

I was on another site "teambeachbody" and I noticed that ALOT of people are doing 2 workouts a day using different videos.

Im currently on my 3rd week of Insanity by Shaun T. and I think I may also add in Hip Hop Abs (also by Shaun T.)

Im currently NOT working, so I have TONS of home time, and I want to workout rather then sit on my but infront of the tv.

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    ive done two 30ds workouts a day... last year i would wake up, do a half hour of yoga, do an hour long workout of some sort in the afternoon, and yoga before bed. its not quite insanity+hip hop abs, but as long as you can do it and keep your calories up *shrug* sounds good :)
  • kdcecil
    kdcecil Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also doing two-a-days as well. I am currently doing Tae Bo in the mornings and Zumba in the evenings.
  • Aussie4870
    Options
    nothing wrong with working out more than once a day if you have the luxury of time...

i work out twice....once at Curves and then again when i walk my 100lb dog and then if you want to count it...i also give my kitchen, lounge and the kids bathroom a good clean every day (since my two girls leave the same mess as a college football team)...

so that would be three...but i dont count the walk or the cleaning...just the actually gym time...
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I've heard of doing 2 a day. I was thinking of doing it myself. I want to keep running but also started 30DS. I think I'm going to run in the am and the video in the pm.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I work out 2 times a day. It started out that all I could do was a 30 min. workout at 5:30 am while the kids were out of school for summer. Some days I knew I would not get a chance if I didn't get up before them.

Then I got hooked and wanted to lose weight a little faster so I added an afternoon workout. Now I am totally hooked to both workouts and usually do 30 min. in the am and about 30- 45 min. in the afternoon. NOW this week I just scored a treadmill so I throw in 30 min. after dinner...not sure how long I will keep up with this but I am trying to drop as much as I can before Thanksgiving hoping that I don't totally pig out and wreck all my work! I am a stay at home mom so I figure I need to get off my butt and work as much as I can when I can!
    I currently do 2 different Jillian Michaels videos each day with some extra stuff int the afternoon like stairs, or bicep curls, or sit ups etc...
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'll only split cardio and lifting in 1 day.
  • lilapr
    lilapr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I am finishing Insanity and do Zumba also two times a week, so on those days I do two workouts in a day. Do keep in mind that the 2nd month of Insanity is harder, more intense and longer workouts than the 1st month. The 1st week of the second month I did not have the time/energy to do anything else.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I exercise when i have the time. As long as you accumulate a weekly deficit i dont think it matters.

The best time to work out is probably early morning or late at night, just because your insulin levels tend to be lower at that time. And low insulin levels= fat loss.

I mean, if you have the time, that's awesome. Nessicary? Probably not. I honestly rather do 1 long work out session.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    this is how i got back into my workout routine i was no working back in may but can neve seem to sleep past 6am, so i would get up and go for a morning walk, which turned into going to the gym later on in the day and waking again after dinner, now that im back at work i dont feel like i worked out enought if i dont walk in the morning and then hit the gym after work.

one of my nsv goals was to have more energy, well i now have plenty and i know that if i keep it up i will reach my ultimate goal and so will everyone if you/we just stick with it working out twice a day is doable, just make the time.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I exercise when i have the time. As long as you accumulate a weekly deficit i dont think it matters.

The best time to work out is probably early morning or late at night, just because your insulin levels tend to be lower at that time. And low insulin levels= fat loss.

I mean, if you have the time, that's awesome. Nessicary? Probably not. I honestly rather do 1 long work out session.

I did not know this about exercising times and insulin. Interesting.

I can only wish that I had the time to work out more than once a day.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Try to not work the same muscle groups that are still sore from the previous workouts.
    When your muscles are sore its because they are repairing themselves.
    It's always a good idea to give yourselves a day or 2 for recovery!
    Cardio is said that you can do it every day but with lifting you shoujldnt overtrain.
    Overtraining gets you nowhere!