Going off Diet Coke...

Options
13»

Replies

• heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It's so worth it. Good for you! :D

if you want a friend, I just successfully gave up soda after trying several times, and it was well worth it - feel free to add me! :D
  • jvmay1703
    jvmay1703 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I drink Wyler's lemonade, which to me is better than crystal light. You can get it at the dollar tree or any dollar store. 5 calories and $1. So much cheaper than crystal light. Good luck!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Just think, Carbon is a bi-product of your body. Its a waste your body produces performing its natural functions, and then expels. What your drinking is your bodies garbage
    Umm, what? Carbon is not the body's garbage. Carbon is the basic building block of the body. Without carbon, you wouldn't exist at all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I dont recall saying EVERBODY is going to suffer from these issues...
    I dont recall saying EVERYBODY should believe me.
    I dont recall saying its bad for EVERYBODY...

I DO HOWEVER RECALL SAYING MY NUMBER 1 REASON.... ADDING MY REASONS FOR NOT DRINKING SODA. STATING THAT THESE ARE THE REASONS I BELIEVE TO ME NOT DRINKING IT, THE REASONS I DONT DRINK IT.

Can I Make that anymore clear?!
    Implying "your" (when you say "your teeth") is directing it at others. If it was "you" that you were talking about, then you should have said "my teeth".
    But regardless, it's still you opining on information that lacks supportive evidence. If left alone, someone who may not want to research, will end up believing it because it "kinda" sounds true.
    You don't have a problem with people revealing the truth do you?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    I wish I could drink every now and then (of course not like water) some diet soda, just for the taste of it. But my belly blows up like I am 7 month pregnant and hurts after consuming diet sodas. Don't know the cause. My guess is, the sweeteners.
  • kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I once gave up for 18 months and apart from craving it constantly I didn't notice any difference at all and I certainly didn't lose any weight. I took it back up and I didn't put on weight. If I want something sweet (a cake, a biscuit etc.) a DC kills the craving with far less calories. If I want an odd night of indulgence, DC allows me to have low cal/low fat spirits rather than beer/wine etc. It suits me so I don't plan to give it up.

I note the other health related comments, but I exercise regularly, I don't smoke, I drink once in a blue moon, naughty foods are now earnt through exercise... so I figure if DC is my only real vice someone up there will cut me a break!
  • hhorncastle
    hhorncastle Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I will give up my diet Coke when they pry it out of my cold, dead hand - and I'm sure a lot of zealots will be happy to assure me that's going to come rather sooner than later if I keep drinking it .:tongue: Regardless, good for you on choosing to give it up! I hope you find a workable substitute.

A coworker forwarded me this article today and maybe you will appreciate it as much as I did.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/09/28/how-i-kicked-my-coke-habit/

(ETA: Softening with a smiley. Funny in my head, snarkier than intended on the screen. :ohwell: )