30 Day Shred?

Options
So I'm thinking about buying this DVD soon (or asking for it for Christmas) and I need opinions! Good, bad and ugly, I want to know what you guys think about it!

Replies

• JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!

When I first got it, I did the program for 30 days...with an occasional rest day....It majorly boosted my weight loss.

After the first round, I used to it supplement my other days, and to just occasionally mix it up.

I'm on my 2nd round now, am on Day 21 and have lost 6 pounds already with it.

I would highly recommend it.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    It is a good fast workout!!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Its an awesome dvd and I think you need to try it out.. It will definitely help to shred those extra pounds or atleast slimmer your waistline.. :-) I just completed level 1 today..
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i have done 30 day shred, ripped in 30 and now 6week 6 pack... loved them all! 30 day shred was the perfect way for me to get back into exercise. she has a little bit harsh personality but i like that. it helps me. others dont' like it...
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    ok- so I did level 1..., thought it was easy(ish) OK... WELL TODAY... LEVEL 2.... NOT SO EASY! I like it. I like the wii better because it goes on your movements and with dvd's she says the same comments over and over the more you do it. but I think thats a personal thing. the I have not seen level 3 yet, kinda scared!.... ok... I will do level 2 tomorrow.
  • wccngr
    wccngr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on my 3rd or 4th day of level 2. I can tell you - my endurance has skyrocketed. And I even stayed on level 1 longer than the 10 days. There are a lot of jumping moves and lunges, so if you have bad knees you may need to modify - that's what I do. Otherwise I am loving it! I feel tighter all over and my arms and stomach feel like they're looking more defined. The scale hasn't really moved, but your mileage may vary.
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    It's an AWESOME program:)You should def invest:)Good Luck!!!!
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree it is a great fast workout
  • JimieLou
    Options
    ok- so I did level 1..., thought it was easy(ish) OK... WELL TODAY... LEVEL 2.... NOT SO EASY! I like it. I like the wii better because it goes on your movements and with dvd's she says the same comments over and over the more you do it. but I think thats a personal thing. the I have not seen level 3 yet, kinda scared!.... ok... I will do level 2 tomorrow.

Level 3 is a LOT of plyo traning....it's hard, but worth it.....You will be sore for the first few days, but it gets easier as you go along.
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering...do most people do it every day? And...do you do it with any other form of exercise?
  • JimieLou
    Options
    I'm just wondering...do most people do it every day? And...do you do it with any other form of exercise?

I do it about 5 or 6 days a week...I also walk for an hour every day...sometimes through in a heavybag boxing workout or elliptical session with it.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i cant tell you too much now as im on day 3 but I LOVE IT!!

its a great burn! and a decent fast workout!

id def invest in it :D
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE it! Been doing it now for about 4 days (tried it a couple of times to supplement my other workouts a few months ago...now doing this only) and I can already tell a difference in my clothes. Today I wore a pair of slacks that I couldn't fit last week so, yeah. It's great! Jillian is the girl I love to hate!! :o)
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just picked it up last week, but haven't done it yet. I'm hoping that its not to high impact, pretty bad knees. Working myself up to get my butt moving though.....
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS a couple months ago and it worked great. I lost 7lbs (after a 1 month plateau) and lost a total of 101/2 inches. You will be sore the first few days but push through it. Once that part is over I liked it. After I learned the routine I would mute JM and turn up the radio. I didnt do any other workouts besides my walks at work. and i did it for 3o days straight

I am now doing the RI30.
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    I did the 30DS a couple months ago and it worked great. I lost 7lbs (after a 1 month plateau) and lost a total of 101/2 inches. You will be sore the first few days but push through it. Once that part is over I liked it. After I learned the routine I would mute JM and turn up the radio. I didnt do any other workouts besides my walks at work. and i did it for 3o days straight

I am now doing the RI30.

That's amazing !
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    Wow, getting so many great responses for this! Guess I'm going to get the DVD!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I just stared level 2 today and I love it! Highly recommend it!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Buy it! It is a great booster and be sure to measure yourself...pay no attention to the scale! I am on my 2nd round Level 2 Day 2.....I did it this summer and even though I only lost 4 lbs, I lost 24 inches overall and dropped a whole pants size! Well worth it!
  • kelsbeckins
    kelsbeckins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well worth the 10 dollars I paid for it! I definitely have lost inches and about two pounds in my first week. A couple things though:

1. Don't do it every day. Muscles need time to rebuild, pushing yourself can just lead to injury. I alternated cardio days with 30 day shred days to make sure I didn't exhaust myself.

2. Listen to your body. If you're sore, slow down. If you're knees hurt, don't jump as much. My knees killed when I did it every day!

3. Careful with all the jumping jacks and other jumping moves, can be rough on your knees and your back.

It's a great workout though! Perform the moves right and you'll see great results!