OLIVE GARDEN

Options
So my best friend is getting married and tomorrow we are search for the dress... The bride and Bridesmaids haven't seen each other for a long time ( we were all high school besties) anyway we are eating at olive garden and will prolly have a drink ....any ideas on something i can have that will be good but not over the top...and please please include a drink idea lol

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I believe they have their menu and nutritional info online. That's the first thing I do when I know I am going to be eating somewhere.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked through everything yet but here's their nutritional info to help you choose:
    http://www.olivegarden.com/Menu/Nutrition/
  • candicecumbie
    Options
    Most Olive Gardens now actually have the calories posted on the actualy menu in the restarant as well. Avoid white sauces and stick with reds it the easiet tip when eating Italian. They also offer whole wheat options on some pastas. Enjoy!
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was there tonight if you dont feel like over researching just ask your server for the nutrition guide they will happily bring you a copy!!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Their healthiest option on the menu is the apricot chicken. I believe it's 390 cals for the plate, and it's chicken with an apricot sauce, and asparagus. Very nummy and low cal!
    Edit: Avoid the breadsticks like the plague, and ask for the salad dressing on the side. Their house dressing is actually pretty high calorie...
  • RobertG86
    Options
    Is one day of splurge going to hurt? have fun with ur friends, pretty much nothing at olive garden is healthy its the sit down italian version of McDonalds. Go eat some carbs.
  • simplymeashley
    simplymeashley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ANY DRINK IDEAS FOR THE NIGHT?
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I can't spell it, but the Ravioli di portobella (about 600 something on the calorie range, but it's better than many of the others on the menu) is actually pretty good on the calorie side.. Buuuut if not, you can still make a day of it and make up for it later.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Their healthiest option on the menu is the apricot chicken. I believe it's 390 cals for the plate, and it's chicken with an apricot sauce, and asparagus. Very nummy and low cal!
    Edit: Avoid the breadsticks like the plague, and ask for the salad dressing on the side. Their house dressing is actually pretty high calorie...
    I agree on the salad dressing! I couldn't believe how much fat and sodium it had. Usually Italian Dressing isn't too bad, but theirs is horrible nutrition-wise.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    WATER with a twist of lime or lemon. Alcohol causes water retention, raises the triglyceride levels which convert to fat. Remember, one Olive Garden bread stick is 150 calories (most of which are fat calories). go online to check NUTRITIONAL VALUES in advance to make wiser choices.

www.olivegarden.com

Have a great girls time out :)
  • RobertG86
    Options
    table wine is like 100 cal a glass or so
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Pick the minestrone over the salad, stick to one breadstick, and look for options with chicken or seafood instead of sausage or tons of cheese.
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    the citrus chicken.. im not sure what its called but its grilled chicken with a orange citric sauce served veggies.. its quite delicious and not too bad on calories
  • AlyssaLynette
    AlyssaLynette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The salad is a really good choice and the minestrone soup is only 100 calories. If ordering pasta, I would pick marinara sauce and order a lunch portion. By all means, do not get alfredo sauce! Another good option would be the venetian apricot chicken... And remember that a glass of blush wine (my favorite) is about 150 calories.
  • dazeydawl
    Options
    Lol I used to work at olive garden!! Definately the venetian apricot chicken. Low cal very tasty the apricot sauce does contain a but of sugar though so if your worried about that just substitute marinara on the chicken instead. The herb grilled salmon is also really healthy but a few more calories it's just salmon with a broccoli pepper mix. The mixed grill is a skewer of steak And a skewer of chicken ( you can get two chicken if you want) seved with zucchini and potatoes but sub the potatoes for broccoli. If you want pasta and don't go with linguini a la marinara or capalini pomadoro and sub with the whole wheat pasta and if you want you can add grilled chicken or shrimp for some protien. As for the salad I don't recommend eating the dressing it's loaded with cheese ( oh ya and don't get the grated Romano on anything as it's super high on cals and fat k read the package once and it's crazy) get olive oil and balsamic or go for the minestrone soup it's so good and about 110 cals a bowl. Also breadsticks are about 110 each so be careful with those. As for drinks they are all pretty bad stay away from anything with the ice-cream mix or just anything blended really as all the syrups are loaded. I would just get a light beer or perhaps vodka or gin or whatever with diet coke
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about Olive Garden, but for a drink, I usually have flavoured vodka with soda (42 below, and absolut vodka are the best ones - absolut peach or absolut raspberry are my favourites). Alternatively, vodka/gin/bacardi with soda and a wedge of lemon/lime/any fruit is yum and low calorie - as soda water has no calories :)
  • Lantanalimited
    Options
    For your drink, stick to either white wine or plain liquor, have only one, and if you need to mix your liquor, mix it with water or club soda with a twist. Stay away from any of the mixed drinks (they mostly all have lots of sugar) and beer (tons of calories/carbs)

Have fun tonight :)
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ANY DRINK IDEAS FOR THE NIGHT?

Have a glass or two of red wine. If you like hard liquor, have a scotch and soda, or bourbon neat.

Well, that's what I would have.