Diet Conscious Alcohol...if there were ever such a thing...

Options
Let me declare before I begin, that I am not an alcoholic by any means. I'm a social drinker, drink with my friends when we go out or during other social gatherings.

I'm trying to find drinks that are diet friendly that are not super gross. I like fruity, sweet drinks, which of course contain the most calories. Any suggestions when going out, what I can order..that actually tastes good?? My doctor advised that I should not drink alcohol when dieting, because of the carbs...but I'm sure there's a work-around...like Splenda is for sugar lol. Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    well as good as any alcohol can taste (yukko lol - I dont drink for the taste lol) - what about vodka with a dash of orange juice topped up with soda water!!! Probably not sickly sweet but refreshing and fruity and only really the vodka cals to take into consideration

oh and by orange juice I mean real 100% - not that 25% rubbish that is sugar and acid!!!
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    Purely in terms of calories to alcohol ratio, shots of vodka, whiskey etc with nothing else added in are best. A shot is about 50 calories and usually 5 should be enough loool so about 250 calories in total...not too bad at all actually!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of "skinny" options at most restaurants or bars now a days...I drink vodka with diet cranberry. I have also heard that skinny girl margarita's a pretty good and i am anxious to try. stay away from the juicy drinks.
  • Primm
    Primm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vodka witha squeeze of (real) lime juice and soda water.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Vodka water with lime is a solid option for sure. Make sure they use a good vodka though.
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Skinny girl margaritas are yummy! =) Other than that I'm not real sure. I've been wondering this as well.
  • wccngr
    wccngr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I tend to have vodka or gin and soda water with a splash of juice. Otherwise I just do shots.
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Vodka ditch (water) bring your own crystal lite single to add flavor or try mike's hard lemonade lite or wine all tasty lower cal options when out but as with everything, in moderation. Enjoy!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    For a long time I was hooked on vodka with club soda and 1/2 a packet of raspberry lemonade crystal light. You have to take your own packets but its yummy! Otherwise most any fruit flavored vodka or rum with club soda and lime is good.
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    try vodka and sugar free redbull its what ive been drinking when ive gone out the last few times
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Vodka ditch (water) bring your own crystal lite single to add flavor or try mike's hard lemonade lite or wine all tasty lower cal options when out but as with everything, in moderation. Enjoy!
    That crystal lite idea is amazing!!!!
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    Diet orange soda and whipped cream flavored vodka make a delicious creamsicle. Best of all when I bring it to a party - everyone loves it.
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Diet orange soda and whipped cream flavored vodka make a delicious creamsicle. Best of all when I bring it to a party - everyone loves it.

I used to drink that to except with the regular orange soda I loved it! lol
  • archer123
    Options
    Take a time machine back to 1988. Order a refreshing Zima. Enjoy.
  • dazeydawl
    Options
    I drink gin or vodka with just a splash of lime mix ( just a little as it's very sugary) then add real limes and top with water
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Skinny girl margaritas are yummy! =) Other than that I'm not real sure. I've been wondering this as well.

This! When I go out I just order a "skinny" margarita, same thing, its 2 oz. of patron silver, juice of 2 limes, a splash of cointreau. Its just sweet enoough and gets u faded! Very tasty! Oh and its about 100 cal
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I find gin with water and lemon (or soda water) is good, and diet friendly. But its not sweet. I don't really like sweet... so I like that.
  • DKLinDeutschland
    Options
    It depends on the mood I suppose. A nice galss of red is about 100-120 cals, but if I were going out to for real, vodka and lime or a good old fashioned shot of tequila.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    One of my newfound favorites is tequila (golden - something good 1800 or Cuervo) mixed with diet ginger ale and a hint of lime. Sounds odd, but it's incredibly smooth.
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i have been having wine spritzer lately (any wine with diet lemonade) - you can make it into a long drink and add less wine than a full measure - i count 1/2 bottle of wine (250 ish calories) in my food tracking and that is about ok for a night out (maybe a full bottle (about 500 ish calories) for an extra long night out) :flowerforyou: