Progress....

Options
How long did it take ya'll to see progress (weight loss) following the MFP daily calorie allowances? I have been following for a week now and have not noticed a change. I am not discouraged or anything but I would be curious to know how long this may take...

Replies

• NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I noticed it right away, but that was soley due to sodium reduction. For the most part, I have only changed my habits to cut carbs and sugars, watch my fat and sodium, get more protein. My weight loss varies depending on exercise. It's a slow process, and it will take time to adjust to what works for you. (I'd give it a month or so)
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I"ve only been on for about a week and already lost 4 lbs.
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    Took me two weeks before I dropped any weight -- but when I did, I lost four pounds at once. Don't be discouraged... It'll happen!

*Oops, forget the "discouraged" part... I reread your post and see that you're not discouraged. :)
  • amiabbott
    amiabbott Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for the responses. Do you eat your exercise calories? I read on another post that some don't. I exercise with the intention of being able to eat more!
  • perty09
    Options
    I saw results the very first week after using MFP to count calories. Although I was using the 1200 calorie recommendation as more of a guideline and a number I tried not to hit. I was always below my calorie goal and I also worked out 4-5x a week doing cardio for about 30-40 min and never ate back my exercise calories. So far I've lost 45lbs and still have another 40 to go but Im on my way :)