Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Every night since I quit drinking.
  • sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been having this problem lately myself. Now that I am semi stress free and working out more I see myself going to bed at 1 or 2 in the morning. It's quite annoying because now I am waking up later.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    practically every night since being away from my family. So damned bored I sit here on MFP...over-stimulation by the computer screen.
  • mutt12345
    Options
    this actually realaxes me. Is that strange?
  • mutt12345
    Options
    yhat was relaxes
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: when I have trouble sleeping, I read until I fall asleep. Reading a good book takes my mind off me and makes it easier to relax and if I don't go to sleep, at least I am entertained. :bigsmile:

Barbie from NW Washington
    November goal
    walk for at least an hour every day with the frisky poodles no matter how cold, wet, windy, or snowy
    [img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Me!! I'm laying in bed excited for my workout in the morning and surfin' MFP on my phone. :))))
  • mutt12345
    Options
    forget it
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I used to take Ambien before people started to complain about the sleepwalking and sleep-sexing.

It was wonderful for it's actual purpose because the half-life was so short.. But Ambien CR and Lunesta give me horrible "hangovers".

I used to like taking Ambien and staying awake..

(Edited to fix typo)
  • Erindipitous
    Options
    :bigsmile: when I have trouble sleeping, I read until I fall asleep. Reading a good book takes my mind off me and makes it easier to relax and if I don't go to sleep, at least I am entertained. :bigsmile:

I have some books from nursing school that could knock me out in 5 minutes. ;)
  • mutt12345
    Options
    tylenol pm helps but I hate taking it
  • mutt12345
    Options
    why ambien and staying awake
  • heaybar
    heaybar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    *disclaimer* NOT an AD.

Ever since I was young I've had trouble sleeping. I think I've tried it all. Reading, Meditating, A bath instead of a shower, listening to relaxing music (ie jazz or classical.. but thats me) I've been using an app which I find really helps me.. .. The app is called Sleep Stream. There's a free one which works well enough and you can buy it if you want to get more.
  • Erindipitous
    Options
    why ambien and staying awake

It has a hypnotic component and things would get really weird and funny if you fought the sleepiness and stayed awake. I would barely remember anything that happened while I was awake, but others (my brothers at the time) would tell me the things I would ramble about. Obviously, abusing it like this was defeating the purpose of the drug, but it was always entertaining.

Here's a YouTube video that has the message this guy left on his friend's voicemail.. You'll understand what I mean:

http://youtu.be/PS9cFb940-0

Luckily, I no longer need to take it.
  • Erindipitous
    Options
    *disclaimer* NOT an AD.

Ever since I was young I've had trouble sleeping. I think I've tried it all. Reading, Meditating, A bath instead of a shower, listening to relaxing music (ie jazz or classical.. but thats me) I've been using an app which I find really helps me.. .. The app is called Sleep Stream. There's a free one which works well enough and you can buy it if you want to get more.

Oh! The app Pzizz Sleep is a good one, too.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

I have some that are still brand new, they were so effective!
  • Erindipitous
    Options
    tylenol pm helps but I hate taking it

Honestly, if meditation, reading, herbal tea, and other methods do not work and you must resort to a prescription, I do highly recommend talking to your doctor about the original (not the controlled release) Ambien. Take it before you brush your teeth, 5-10 minutes later you start to feel woozy, lay down, and BOOM. Sleepy time. It would wear off within 4 hours for me, so I never felt zombie-like the next day.

The only reason I have trouble sleeping nowadays is just because I can't seem to turn my brain off.. I am starting a new job and it's all I think about. That, or financial stuff.. Something that I can't do anything about but my brain decides to keep me awake so I can worry about. I find that writing everything down on a list for the next day is helpful.. It's like emptying all of the thoughts down onto paper so I can step away from it until morning.
  • Erindipitous
    Options

I have some that are still brand new, they were so effective!

My Pharm book is still in the plastic wrap.. Glad I spent so much money on a required book that I didn't use. (I had awesome drug software on the school and hospital computers)
  • mutt12345
    Options
    yeah when I lay down and all I do is think. It sucks. So many things running through my head,
  • chan1993
    Options
    Every single night! I feel like the guy in the movie the Machinist. I have trouble settling down and relaxing. I actually found a supplement that has shown positive results for people with insomnia, anxiety etc. It is called GABA. Look it up online. It takes time but I slept better already last night. I am not a Dr. so look into it and make your own judgement.

Good luck! :)