Eat back your work out calories?

Options
So I've read that people are eating back their workout calories!? I was under the impression that you work out to lose calories?

Would someone mind going deeper into this subject with me and explain what you are supposed to do with the worked off calories?

Thank you :)

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    this site is a little different - it gives you a calorie goal assuming no exercise. when you DO exercise, you need to eat more so that you dont lose too fast and possbibly eat too little -causing your metabolism to slow and such.
    you eat less to lose weight, you exercise to get fit and have a better looking body once you hit your goal weight
  • kelsbeckins
    kelsbeckins Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/394991-eating-back-exercise-calories

this helps explain it. it took a little while for it to click with me.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I honest don't know the true answer to this.
    I've always seen workouts as a good thing.
    You work out, burn calories, earn more calories to eat…

…but do you eat them back??

Yeah, confusing.
    I'd probably think it leaves you right where you started.
    Then again,
    don't fully eat back your calories because (in my opinion),
    how do you lose that weight you JUST burned??
    Right??

But this really relates to what you feel is right.
    If you think you should eat it back, go ahead.

Safe bet is not to eat it ALL BACK.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    <<<<< Nope - Don't eat em :)
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/394991-eating-back-exercise-calories

this helps explain it. it took a little while for it to click with me.

GREAT! Thanks so much. That made it a no brainer for me :)

I appreciate the feedback guys!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    NO STOP LAST COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC - I wish the forum moderators would just lock each one with this conversation....
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Each person is different. Find out what works for YOU. This site is designed to eat those back since it has already figured in the deficit for you. But, I've seen some people who HAVE to eat them back (like me) and some people who find more success NOT eating them back. Our bodies are all different and need different things in order to successfully lose weight.

Do what is best for YOU - there honestly isn't a right or wrong answer to this question. As long as you're taking the time to figure out your own body.