bummed out..anyone up for a convo?

Options
I dunno why I'm kinda bummed out..I got a job today..I lost weight this week..I didn't go over calories..yet I'm still bummed out & hungry :(

Haven't been able to get sleep all week and that's a big part of it..anyone wanna chat?

Replies

• GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking to things... I normally go hay-wire when I start working a new job. I just got home from work not too long ago. I hate working this late cause now I'm up unusually. I need to be up early tomorrow to get my workout in before my doctors appointment.
  • GetFitE
    Options
    Oh! I meant to also ask--why do you feel bummed?
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    I dunno..I think from lack of sleep :(
    Spend too much time thinking about stuff when I rather be sleeping..yet I can't fall asleep

Like I wish I could at least be doing something productive but everything's closed :(
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Probably the job. Having a job sucks!
  • Swtlilangl786
    Options
    I feel bummed out too :( I went way over my calories! I let my bad mood control what went in my mouth
  • GetFitE
    Options
    I know the feeling. I had a pretty stressful week last week and was up thinking about a lot of stuff--getting my career together, work, and etc. Just a lot of stress last week. and I want to workout again--the way I'm feeling, being up tonight, but I know I need to be resting since I have a long weekend ahead.
  • GetFitE
    Options
    I feel bummed out too :( I went way over my calories! I let my bad mood control what went in my mouth

I didn't go over my calories, but I'm slightly bummed at what I ate today. I ALREADY am struggling to lose weight and I some how continue to eat sweets. I try to allot myself 10% of my daily calories as sweets (since I have a MAJOR sweet tooth), I had a cupcake earlier today as my 10%, but then I got to work today and was STARVING and they had cake there...so I had a small slice then...I felt SO bad, but there was nothing else to eat & I didn't bring a snack thinking I wouldn't have gotten hungry by the end of my shift.
  • ccpace4
    Options
    Yeah, I think I've been bummed that I'm scared I'm gonna go back to bad habits..I've already slowed doing going to the gym..& I've been craving so much bad food..
    But I have had a busier schedule so it was harder to get to the gym..but it's just frustrating...wish I could turn off the thinking and just relax lol
  • Swtlilangl786
    Options
    I usually take little snack bags filled with some sort of berries or grapes to work or almonds.
    You should have a mini dessert once a day so you don't completely deprive yourself maybe a flavored yogurt or a Hershey kiss.

I was doing good for the last couple of days and even the whole day today but I screwed up at dinner since I ate alone today. :/
  • RunnerD9000
    RunnerD9000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    get some sunlight maybe. Seasonal Affective Disorder and getting dark before 5pm... bleh
  • ccpace4
    Options
    get some sunlight maybe. Seasonal Affective Disorder and getting dark before 5pm... bleh

I actually wonder if that has something to do with it. My roommate hung a black sheet across the window to block sunlight in because she decided to nap about every 3 hrs for an hour at a time and the sunlight was "bothering" her. So our rooms a lot darker then normal..for about 2 weeks now
  • GetFitE
    Options
    I definitely understand the feeling of being worried about going back to old habits... I know when I started my new job I did. I tried VERY hard to stick with my diet, but with working a new job where I can't eat my 5 small meals, and staying at my boyfriends apartment on the weekends has been a HUGE adjustment. As much as I've been to his apartment, I'm STILL not comfortable there, so I don't like to cook there or anything, so I usually slip up on the weekends.

And I agree with Swtlilangl786, I try to pack little baggies of snacks so I stick to it for the MOST part. And yes, like I mentioned earlier, do the 90-10 rule: where 90% of your day is healthy eating, and if you have a major sweet tooth like me, you allow 10% of your sweets (or whatever your guilty pleasure is). I got that from Tony Horton (the P90x guy). He said his 10% is like half a brownie, or a mini dessert.

But from personal experience, with starting a new job, just try to take things day by day. I've been working my new job for almost 2 months now, and I'm STILL not quite adjusted, but it's getting better for the most part... I eat healthy most days of the week and squeeze in exercise when I can. I can't say don't stress over it, cause I do. But you just have to take every day and just worry about THAT day.
  • ccpace4
    Options
    Thx for advice..hopefully once I get started and get black Friday and everything over with I won't be so stressed!! And I really should bring little thins to snack on throughout the day..that's one of my biggest downfalls..I would leave in the morning..go straight to class..then straight to old work..and sometimes be back at 5-6 without having a single calorie :( dunno why I do that to myself
  • GetFitE
    Options
    You sound like my BF. He doesn't eat ALL day...MAYBE a yogurt, but nothing sustainable. You DEFINITELY have to eat to keep your ENERGY up really. You need the food to keep your body going. Yep-hopefully once the you get black Friday over with, you'll get more of a regular schedule and you can figure out when you can exercise and etc. and figure out your eating schedule.
  • GetFitE
    Options
    But sorry I can't stay up later and continue chatting with you. I'm actually starting to get sleepy. That's ANOTHER suggestion--turn off all the electronics if you're trying to get to bed. I noticed when I stay on the computer, or texting, or watching tv, I stay up later then if I just turned everything off. So when I start feeling sleepy, I start shutting everything down. Have a good night and I hope you find some way to sleep and rest. You could also go to Walmart tomorrow and get an over the counter sleep aid. I use Unisom for those REALLY hard nights (Like my nights last week when I was super stressed). I was able to fall asleep and sleep MOST of the night.

Hope my input tonight has helped.
  • ccpace4
    Options
    Oh don't worry you did help me :) I think I'm gonna write down a schedule of eating to make sure I don't skip meals all day!! & nice to know I'm not the only one that feels scared about old habits! Have a good night!! The TV is the other thing, my roommate turns it on when I turn it off..so that's kinda a battle..but I might try the Unisom..I used to be on sleeping pills in high school..but I took myself off it because I was afraid of getting addicted..it might be time to go back to it considering I've been getting no sleep..
    Thanks for everything :)