Homemade Icecream recipe?

Options
I am looking for a way to make homemade icecream with frozen fruit and milk.. I don't have an icecream maker, so it will have to just go into my freezer. I am really really wanting icecream.. Please do you have any recipes you'd be willing to share??

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Very Berry Ice Cream
    Ingredients
    1 ½ cup Frozen mixed berries
    1 cup heavy cream or milk or low fat milk
    1/3 cup sugar or Splenda
    1 tsp vanilla

Instructions
    Place the cream, frozen berries, sugar and vanilla into the Processor Bowl
    Pulse continuously for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are well blended and forms ice crystals.
    Serve as is or place in a freezer for an hour to create to very thick consistency.

we used heavy cream and sugar when we made it - if we did it again i would use more berries and/or less cream.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I have had some good results just whipping some really cold whipping cream and adding pureed fresh strawberries to the cream, placing in the freezer for a little while till it's soft serve style.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    that sound sooo good
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used to make ice-cream all the time in girl scouts. The way we did it was get a quart size bag and fill it with all the ingredients. Then put it in a gallon sized bad filled with ice and rock salts. Shake it for a while (like 5 min?) and tadah! Its a lil bit of a work out, but so good. If you have someone else with you, you could put it in a shirt to shake or a can to kick back and forth.

Here's what you'll need:

1 tablespoon sugar
    1/2 cup milk or half & half
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    6 tablespoons rock salt
    1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
    1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
    Ice cubes

Just add your fruit to it and use 2% milk (makes it less creamy but still taste good)
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Frozen Coconut Bars

1/2 c almond milk
    1/2 can coconut milk
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 cup of shredded coconut

Mix together. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze until solid.
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    Just put a banana in the freezer and then whip it once it's frozen.
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    Frozen Coconut Bars

1/2 c almond milk
    1/2 can coconut milk
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 cup of shredded coconut

Mix together. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze until solid.

mmmmmm that sounds super yummy! The ingredients are going on the grocery list for next month!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump and OMG bump!!
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Frozen Pumpkin 'Pie' Bars

1 15oz can Libby's pure pumpkin
    2 - 3 Medjool dates (or about 1/4 c chopped dates?)
    pumpkin pie spice to taste
    1/2 c almond milk

Blend ingredients together in blender or food processor, pour into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.

I just made these tonight, can't wait to see how they turn out tomorrow!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It doesn't contain milk, but this may satisfy.
    From http://www.littlebennett.com/ice_creams/sherbets_sorbets.php There are more recipes there.

Philadelphia style Italian Water Ice:

STRAWBERRY WATER ICE

1 quart of strawberries
    1 pound of sugar
    1 quart of water
    Juice of two lemons (1/4 cup)

Add the sugar and the lemon juice to the stemmed strawberries, let them
    stand one hour; mash them through a colander, and then, if you like, strain
    through a fine sieve. (Or do it the modern way and run the whole mess through a food processor.) Add the water.

Put the mixture in a covered bowl in the freezer. Every half hour, whip it with a whisk until it is solid. It should be firmer than a 7-11 Slurpee but softer than Wendy's Frosty. Eat it the same day if possible, so it doesn't get too hard.

This will serve eight persons.
    245 calories per serving

BTW, the vintage cookbook I linked to was written by Mrs. Sarah Tyson Rorer. She was a rather remarkable woman, who was the first person who taught that a person's diet should be modified depending on their particular illness. Her recipes are heavy on fruits and vegetables. She created the field of hospital dietetics. She was very well known and had her own radio show, but lost all her money during the Great Depression and ended up surviving on donations from her grateful students.