How do you organize your recipes?

Options
kcdrake
kcdrake Posts: 512
I'm kind of going through a spiritual/emotional cleansing process and I find myself wanting to organize my life a bit.

How do your organize all of your recipes? I tend to do better with paper versions opposed to virtual. So, do you have a fancy-smancy recipe book that you've created or a recipe box? I have a box but I don't feel like it's organized very well - it is just recipes I've compiled stuck in alphabetical order...

Replies

• gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i would like to know too...waitin!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe box and then a binder filled with hole punched print outs.
  • graffking
    Options
    I have a box of index cards as well as virtual in two ways: on my Kindle/nook in epub/mobi and as pdf files on motorola xoom
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I am a recipe hoarder... I had a huge 4 inch binder that I edited down to a 2 inch... .but then I started a new binder for my healthy recipes only! It's getting full too.... I also keep copies on my computer so I can search them easily - that really is the most efficient way.
  • xomandykinsox
    Options
    I have a binder and sleeves and tabs. Chicken goes in one section. Other meats in another. Soups. etc. etc.

Love my binder!!
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I keep a 3 ring binder with the plastic sheet protectors. Then when I see recipes in a magazine I just tear it out and slide it into the sheet protector. Then when I'm cooking the recipes don't get all messed up if I drip something on them.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I keep a 3 ring binder with the plastic sheet protectors. Then when I see recipes in a magazine I just tear it out and slide it into the sheet protector. Then when I'm cooking the recipes don't get all messed up if I drip something on them.

In addition to a couple small shelves with about 18-20 cookbooks, we had a drawer full of clippings, internet print-outs, hand written receipes. Every time I wanted to find one I ended up searching thru the whole drawer.

Now I have a three ring binder with plastic sheet protectors like the above poster. Works absolutely fabulous.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm new fashioned, so keep them in a computer.
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Like someone said above I have a three ring binder with dividers for the different grouping (breads, desserts, vegetables, etc.). I use sheet protectors and just slide the recipe in the protectors. Until I am ready to put them in the binder, I keep a manilla folder to put all the loose recipes in.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have two three ring 2" binders full of handwritten ones and a box for the old ones my family handed down to me.
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I keep an ongoing list in my email. when I use the recipe if it was successful I print it out and put in my binder...and if it suckss, then I just scrap it!