Getting tired of Lane Bryant

Options
2»

Replies

• ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    I want to know why every shirt or dress I try on seems to be made for women with DD or EE breasts - not all plus sized women have large breasts! It's bad enough my boobs didn't swel right along with my hips and waist, but do manufacturer's really have to rub my nose in it? C'mon!
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    I totally agree!!! Ha ha ha my tops are always falling down around my bust area!!
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    thank you for that. i laughed my *kitten* off. haha. i havent been there, but i did go to victoria's secret and got sized by this girl the size of my thigh. she was like we dont carry your size. try a bigger store. i was like ughhh o ok wait what r you trying to say???? this is a bra store. duh im not trying to fit into your size small panties over there i need a bra. i was just giving her a hard time i knew she had meant my bust size but you should have seen her face. . but you mam' you have made my day. i am sending a request your way.

Holy Cow! This same thing happen to me when I went in to get sized for a bra. The gal actually wouldn't even size me she just told me to go to Catherines/LB on the other side of the mall. The day goes on one of my most embarrassing day's at the mall of america list.

To the OP: I'm going to send you a friend request because it would be great not to shop at these places as well!
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The tags no longer mean anything off the shelf. Whoever designs these garments have Twiggy in mind with fat on her bones so you know how large those would be. I think they should make clothing for body shapes ( big *kitten*/ tiny waist ; flabby waist/tight *kitten*; big boobs/no waist; giraffe legs/small waist/regular *kitten* and so on) and the name of the clothing store should be " If It Fits...Buy It!"
    .....I have a new pair of jeans from Lane Bryant size 14....that fit like a size 12, they are comforable but you know what gals my waist ain't below my belly button and just try to find a high cut waist line.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    That's a common ply with bridal shops. They want you to get a dress that is bigger so that they can charge an exuberant fee for alterations.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You post a very interesting scenerio. It has always been my dream to go shopping with my best girlfriend at White House Black Market. She wears a size 6. Currently I wear a size 26. Keep me posted at your site please. I love your sense of humor. Good luck on your weight loss journey. I've been away from MFP, but just started up again this past week.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Nice plus size clothing is hard to find & wish they would just make the same clothing larger...no need for elastic waists etc.

Hear hear - I have a waist - it's just larger than the average! I don't need extra fabric gathers there, courtesy of elastic, to add to the extra size... I also don't need trousers and skirts where the waist is roughly the same size as the hips, or dresses that fall like a tent from the fullest point of my bust - I go in and out like most women, just in a bigger size. Grr.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My husband is very tired of hearing me complain about how ugly and cheaply made larger sized clothes are.
    I walk through a department store and see the cute fresh styles in smaller sizes. Then, I cross over into the "Women's" section and UGH! Giant flowers on the behind, shoulder pads, and black and brown prevail....just because I am big around doesn't mean I'm Tall, (everything I try on is 6 inches too long and the waist is up to my armpits).
    I've gone from 230 pounds to 190 so far and can not wait to shop in the pretty clothes again. I have a big "war chest" of cash saved to splurge when I finally enter the hallowed portal to the Misses section.
    My first purchase at my current size was at REI, where I bought two pair of Large/Petite exercise pants, (and they are the perfect length)!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    When I was in the best shape of my life, wearing a 34 DD/E , was told by Vicky's I was too big and need to go to LB. I was horrified. Now I laugh about it. Sending you an invite as I feel the same way.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I want to know why every shirt or dress I try on seems to be made for women with DD or EE breasts - not all plus sized women have large breasts! It's bad enough my boobs didn't swel right along with my hips and waist, but do manufacturer's really have to rub my nose in it? C'mon!

I"m in the same boat. Always have to watch what tops I buy because I don't fill them out.
  • Jessika616
    Options
    When I first met my fiance I could fit in a medium juniors. After pregnancy I weighed 244. I went to the mall in search of a dress for a wedding. My fiance kept pointing out cool stores. And I kept saying "nope. Not going to fit" it was so depressing.

A few months ago I was at davids bridal with my skinny stick friend. I am right inbetween their misses and women's. My friend was in the woman's section and looked at me so innocently asked "what does W mean? Wide?" Smh. I was like shhhh we liked to be called women. Her face was priceless.
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Options
    That was great....I don't understand why they can't make plus size cloths more trendy and sexy looking...just cause we're curvy does not mean we don't want to look great....I am so sick of shopping at the same three places!!!
  • spoonflipper
    spoonflipper Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That was great....I don't understand why they can't make plus size cloths more trendy and sexy looking...just cause we're curvy does not mean we don't want to look great....I am so sick of shopping at the same three places!!!

Ha! That's exactly what I came here to say. I haven't been to Lane Bryant in a few years -they're sometimes too expensive for me now anyway but I also don't like the way they design sometimes. I do like Torrid but their variety can be limited -they only ever have black pants, for example. And I am flipping sick to death of tunic-shaped clothing. It can't just be a regular button down it has to be be a tunic button down. Boooo. Old Navy's okay, but their quality can seriously suck sometimes.
    Forever 21 has a plus section now and I did get a cute shirt there once but after that all I saw was reject club wear.
    I'm very nearly an 18 or so and I am sorely impatient to be branching out shopping-wise.
    That is why I am eating lentils now and sore from 30 Day Shred Level 2!
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    I want to know why every shirt or dress I try on seems to be made for women with DD or EE breasts - not all plus sized women have large breasts!

Totally agree! Once wore a new LB shirt to work and accidentally gave my whole sales team quite the peep show! Can't wear any of their v-neck clothing without a tank. Hmmm -maybe it's to sell more of those overpriced tanks they sell in EVERY color.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    LB drives me crazy. The clothes have got more expensive, the quality has gone down hill and the sizing is inconsistent. I can't wait to never go back! :). As for Victoria Secrets, that is my dream to shop there. I haven't shopped in a VS since I was a teenager!
  • Karen_145
    Options
    Have you tried Torrid? They're like LB for the more youthful crowd.
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Completely agree now that I'm finally out of the plus size side I don't have neck lines that could fall bellow my small boobs!