What is your scale really weighing?

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAeHadJ5xaQ&feature=player_embedded

Watch this, guys!

Now, calm down when your scale tells you you're up by a couple pounds. :)
Everything you eat and drink weighs something, and until you excrete it, your scale is going to weigh it!

Replies

• StatutoryGrape
    Options
    This is what I keep telling myself if the scale tells me I'm up. Sometimes it works to calm me down, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the day, lol!
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thats saying it like it really is! lol I have thought that so many times. What goes in must come out.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Oh, so true. I know you can piss or *kitten* 5lbs easy! Imagine when you drink 6 beers?! That's why I hate it when people complain about a pound or five. That doesn't matter. What matters is if it actually stays off. I don't weigh myself until I've gone 1 and 2. LOL First thing in the morning and sometimes after I workout.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That is really great! lol
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    Very good. Thanks. I admit that lately I weigh myself two or three times a day. Yes I know that's dumb but I want to reassured...no, that's not it. I think I want to be surprised and see a lower number than I expect. Yeah, that's it. I love seeing a number lower than yesterday's or lower than last night. But when it's higher? Yes, that's the trouble, isn't it? It gets me all discouraged and a "what's the use" attitude creeps in.

Anyway, thanks for the video. It's a good reminder to not get addicted to that thing and focus more on the good things I AM doing.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I forget that my scale weighs poop.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I forget that my scale weighs poop.

xD "I got fatter!"
    "No, you just haven't pooped enough yet."
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    good vid.. thought it was gonna show after she'd been to loo too.. lol!

Though I have got on scale straight after going to bathroom and still been the same weight.. so how's that possible?
  • Cushworth
    Options
    i decided to test theory and weight myself before and after going to the loo, guess what i weighed more after :noway:

Not sure why that happened
  • Art63
    Options
    Scales aren't real accurate (plus or minus half a pound is typical) unless you have a super duper good one.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    i decided to test theory and weight myself before and after going to the loo, guess what i weighed more after :noway:

Wow... how'd ya screw that one up?!? (completely kidding :laugh: )
  • MelodyRuffin
    Options
    Im in agreement. I always weigh myself in the morning after ive gone just before getting in the shower. Also remember that if you are not drinking enough water you are going to weigh more too. I found that out a couple weeks ago when I started slacking on my water intake I was up five pounds for a few days. Once I started drinking 8 glasses or more the weight started to come off again.
  • Art63
    Options
    Really? I didn't know that about water. I don't drink much at all. Does diet pop count as water intake? I thought that if I drank water it would be like adding pounds of weight. Obviously, I don't know much about this so I'm interested in learning how drinking water can help me lose weight. Thanks.
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Wow... how'd ya screw that one up?!? (completely kidding :laugh: )

That has happened to me too!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Really? I didn't know that about water. I don't drink much at all. Does diet pop count as water intake? I thought that if I drank water it would be like adding pounds of weight. Obviously, I don't know much about this so I'm interested in learning how drinking water can help me lose weight. Thanks.

When you don't drink enough water your body doesn't flush out food or other water as quickly. For each gram of carbs you eat, you ingest 3 grams of water. If you don't drink enough water your body holds on to those 3 grams of water. Also if you eat lots of sodium you will hold onto more water. This causes bloat. A minimum of 8 8 oz glasses a day. I drink one oz per pound that I weigh, at least.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Not only that, but I have one of those old cheap scales that has to be adjusted with the little wheel at the bottom to be precisely on zero before I step on.

I'd get a digital one, but this one keeps me from weighing myself six times a day and obsessing. It's accurate enough week by week, but day by day, it's imprecise enough to discourage obsessive visitation!