Need some suggestions please!!

Options
So I've been eating good all day and I don't want to mess it up with dinner. Tonight, me and some of my girlfriends are going out to eat sushi before we go to a movie. What kind of sushi is the best to get that is still low in calories and fat?? Take in to consideration that I don't eat anything raw. Thanks for any help!!

Replies

• rjlarry
    rjlarry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you dont eat anything raw than why go sushi..? Anything cooked there will most likely be fried so there are no good choices besides soup
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sometimes Japanese places have a chicken dish which is like grilled seasoned chicken, vegetables (probably cooked in oils though) and white rice. Not horrible calorie wise except for potentially hidden oils. Not sure what that's called but I always get something like that. I hate sushi though.
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    All sushi is low fat but if you don't eat anything raw you can't really eat sushi!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I would go with a vegetable roll. I hope it's ok that the vegetables are raw...
    Sushi is pretty high in calories though, so careful about your portion sizes!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Eat before and order miso soup while at the restaurant.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I would go with a vegetable roll. I hope it's ok that the vegetables are raw...
    Sushi is pretty high in calories though, so careful about your portion sizes!

I have had a ton of vegetarian ones! Very yummy :]
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    The sushi chef may be able to put something special together for you. Just stay away from fried rolls and cream cheese!!

If you went with some smoked salmon or crab (imitation though it may be) with green onions or whatever other sushi veggies they have you should be OK
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Edimame!!! Great protein. Get it as an app and fill up. Then order a vegetable roll.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    All sushi is low fat but if you don't eat anything raw you can't really eat sushi!
    Sushi means rice, sashimi is raw fish. :smile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Most of the cooked ones are drowned in mayo and are fried. If you are not a fan of the plain ones (they are raw) maybe you should get something that isn't sushi or sashimi.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    terriyaki chicken rolls.
    california roll etc.

Problem with sushi is thats its quite carb dominant!
    Personally i love sushi. But only ever eat it after a giant - kill my life - workout :p
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    see if they have edemame and if they have spring rolls most spring rolls are chock full of veggies and rolled in rice paper - not fried/steamed, etc...one of my local groceries do fresh made sushi and sashimi by hissho sushi - a grilled chicken spring roll is about 140 calories the get a general idea of sushi calories you can check out thier page as it has general nutrional info - a lot of their more popular items are already in MFP - http://www.hisshosushi.com/menu.php
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    terriyaki chicken rolls.
    california roll etc.

Problem with sushi is thats its quite carb dominant!
    Personally i love sushi. But only ever eat it after a giant - kill my life - workout :p

agree.
    except california roll is just fake crab meat. I don't like them.

You can get cooked tuna ones. Just don't ask for maguro as that is the raw tuna.
    Vego sushi: 100% carbs and not much else. Pass.
  • bs1981
    bs1981 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hibachi grilled chicken or shrimp and it's delicious... skip the rice