WORKOUT ROUTINE? ****HELP****

Options
So let me tell you guys a little bit about me.
I used to work out everyday about 3 years ago......well some how got away from it.
Now I'ma couch potatoe and I have a desk job. I cannot seem to get into a routine, I do have a gym memebership.

I haven't worked out in quite some time and want to get back into it....right now I weigh 185 and would like to be between 155-160
ANY IDEAS???

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Eat a calorie deficit, lift heavy, and do cardio :)
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Probably the biggest reason why I go to the gym every day (well, 5-6 days a week) is because I take my 2 young children and they go in the nursery while I workout. I absolutely love my kids, but that 1-2 hour time away from them every day is WONDERFUL.

So my suggestion is to start associating the time at the gym with something else. Like watching a certain TV show or listening to your favorite music. If you can look forward to that then eventually you might look forward to the working out part too. (I love my workouts!)

Good luck and get back in that gym!!
  • Rocchellita
    Rocchellita Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I myself took some time off after getting out of the Air Force then I went into Engineering School and I had no time... At least that's what I told myself ...

What worked for me is finding something that I liked ... I now go jogging with my Dog :) 3 to 4 times a week. We do interval running so it's less impact for him. My schedule changes with the weather since I run outside ... during the summer and spring I run before work and during the fall and winter I run after work (as soon as I get home before getting side-tracked!

I look forward to my run everyday since I too work in an office all day and while running I get to spend some time outdoors ...

Best of Luck!!
  • Slw2688
    Options
    THX you guys!