Plus Size Fashion?

Options
GossInABox
GossInABox Posts: 58 Member
So, any advice on where to go to find cute clothes for plus sizes? I only really shop in the woman's section of JCPenny and have bought a couple of things from Torrid.com. I loved the summer dress I'd gotten for my trip to Portugal and got a couple of cute tops as well. Though the jeans I'd ordered hadn't fit me very well. Just ordered a winter coat from there and hoping it will come in time for Thanksgiving. :P Oh, and I also have the hardest time finding shoes in stores that fit me, since I'm generally a 10 - 10 1/2 wide.

I'm not a huge fan of buying clothes online cause of the hassle of returns, but I feel like I don't have many other options nearby. None that I know of, at least.

Replies

• melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Lane Bryant? They are a bit pricey though!
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant, Target has a plus size section, and also Maurices if there is one by you. Good luck!
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    old navy has some cute stuff....a certain amt in the store too....and kohls
  • Manysongs
    Options
    Have you tried FashionBug.com? They have cute clothes at reasonable prices. Good luck!:smile:
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Zappos.com has free return shipping on everything! I buy shoes there because I'm a size 5 but I know they have a big range of sizes in shoes and clothes!
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    Try Ashley Stewart, their clothes are SOOO nice and classy! Also, Fashion Bug is awesome too!
  • patience842003
    Options
    CJ Banks, Macy's has a plus size section, Burlington Coat Factory (at least in Maine) has a plus size section, Dress Barn, and Sears. Of those my favorites are Dress Barn and Macy's. I wear a size 10 shoe as well and my favorite dress shoes are easy spirit and naturalizers. I also live near outlets so these aren't hard to find at a reasonable price, but you can also find them online which I agree is a pain because of returns.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Avenue if you have one nearby. Dressbarn too despite it's unfortunate name.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Fashion Bug and CJ Banks.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Everyone has really good ideas - Fashion Bug, Burlington Coat Factory, Sears, and Dress Barn are probably the most reasonably priced. Lane Bryant and Macy's have excellent clothing but will cost you more.

And whoever said Naturalizer for shoes is right on the money!! I think those are the most comfortable.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    The Limited has a new plus-size collection called "eloquii." I haven't seen it in the stores, but you can order it online. The clothes are really cute, but, like The Limited's regular clothing, it's pricey.
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For online shopping, my girls like Alloy.com and Delias.com.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Kohl's, Ross and Marshall's. I am a cheap b!tch and hate to pay full price for anything...:noway:
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is great online, and has a pretty good return policy. They go up to a size 20 in the store, but they have a whole Plus section online. I use them often when I know I will need something. Oh, and their sales are normally pretty good.

Lane Bryant is good, but I recommend waiting for sales, because they can be pricey. But check out their new shoe section, they should be able to accomodate you pretty well.