100+ lbs. to lose..... I can do this!

Options
Hi, I'm Kelly, and addicted to food. Trying my best to beat this and am on a journey to at least get back to a healthier weight. If you are on a long journey, like myself, please friend me. I would love to help encourage and have others encourage me, each and every day through this. :c)

Replies

• michellecorvin
    michellecorvin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am a school teacher, 42 and a new mom. I have at least 140 to lose and keeping me motivated is hard since I am tired a lot. I need to do this now while my son is young so I can keep up with him as he grows. We CAN do this! ;D
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes! We can for sure do this! I am also on a long journey and it'd be great to have more people on this adventure. Sending a request soon. C:
  • email4jenp
    email4jenp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've got 140 to lose! So I will join you! If you want to be buddies for motivation or anything else, let me know. I'm looking for the same! I will friend you right now!
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning to both of you...

Yes YOU CAN BOTH DO THIS...it is hard, sucks at times, but it is sooooo worth it.. Take one day at a time and remember there are alot of people on here to motivate and encourage you and to help you keep going.. You are your biggest and worste enemy though, so start in your mind right now that you CAN AND YOU WILL DO THIS...BELIEVE IT..make it happen.
    Have a awesome day..
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome and yes you can do this! I have a long journey as well (147 left to lose). You can feel free to add me for support if you want.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You can do it Kelly!
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm with all of you! Long journey indeed, but worth it in the end! Could use all the support I can get!!! Feel free anyone to add me!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I did not have to lose 100 lbs, but I lost 30 (10 before this site) and gained back 15 in the past year. All of us are in this healthy eating decision for the long haul. We are learning to eat for our health and strength and longevity. You are among friends.
    - Take this situation one day at a time, sometimes one meal at a time.
    - Measure yourself at the start. Even if your scale jumps up and down day-to-day, the inches lost from your waist, hips, bustline, (and even legs and arms) will be much steadier and a more accurate reading of your weight loss.
    - Drink lots of water. Water washes the poisons and toxins from your body and helps your liver, intestines, and kidneys do their jobs more effectively.
    - Reduce or eliminate carbonated beverages and cut down on salty foods. The excess salt or sodium holds water in your body, making you look puffy.
    - Replace solid fats with liquid fats. Olive oil or other monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats tend to help remove the solid fats from your body. Plus they help your joints and the rest of your systems work better.
    - The oven is your friend. Bake, rather than frying sliced potatoes and veggies and meats. Much less fat is used in the oven.
    - You do not have to give up your favorite foods. Just eat smaller amounts and count the calories eaten into your daily calorie count. And try not to eat the bad foods every day--maybe just one day a week, each.
    - Walking is my favorite exercise. I carry a pedometer and it tells me how far I walked as I shopped and played with my grandson. Exercise does not have to be agonizing or expensive.

I gained my 15 lbs back because I lost weight too fast in 2010 (about 1.5 lbs per week) and suffered a relapse of my Fibromyalghia. It scared me and I started eating too much as a comfort kind of thing. Now, I am working on losing 1/2 lb a week and I may not go as low as 142 (I'm 5'6"). Maybe I will maintain about 145 lbs, or so, from now on. We will see.

Best of success in your new way of life! Hugs, BJB :drinker: (lots of water)
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    dont look at it as 100 lbs to lose. its absolutely possible, but it dosent seem realistic! Youll psych yourself out over it and fail before you even really try!

Tell yourself 10 lbs.. i can do this! its only 10 lbs. work hard for it and keep pushing. once you get that first 10 lbs, now you feel that youve accomplished something, and you realize the self motivation that youve found! and you push for another 10 lbs...

theres no shame at all in readjusting your goals as often as you need. Infact i think its great when I get to shoot for the next 10 lbs!

Small realistic goals are key! Find ways to keep yourself motivated. And reward yourself for your acomplishments!

You can do this for sure! It dosent matter if you have 10 lbs to lose or 200 lbs to lose. Its absolutely possible but you need to take steps to get there not one impossible jump.
  • lisa_darlene9
    lisa_darlene9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi :
    I started on here yesterday, and I am looking for support too. 100lbs is my long term goal, my short term goal is to lose 40lbs by my 40th birthday which is in 4 months. Im up for being part of a support system, I seem to have no trouble encouraging others, but fall short when it comes to helping myself, so maybe we can help each other. I love to look through and take advice from the Clean Eating magazines, I did lost 40lbs a few years ago by eating only foods I can pronounce and by excerising. So lets get this party started!!!! LOL
  • edauzat2
    edauzat2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have 80 more to lose, you can do it!
  • tgiusto
    tgiusto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it and you WILL do it - just don't ever get up, no matter how many times you fall. :)
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    !!!!!!! You can do this.!!!!!!! At some point it clicks for each of us.

I tried tons and tons of times before and did the yoyo thing. In the past 15 months lost 85 pounds. I have lots more to lose but at this point less than 100 more. I have not settled on what my ultimate goal is as my personal goal is lower that what my doctor thinks. But I started at the same point you are and hopefully by the beginning of next year I will be over the 100 pound loss and moving forward. slowly and steady.

Reduce your calories, reduce your fat and as others have said, count your calories and fat good, bad or great. Increase your physical activity daily. start with a reasonable goal in each of these areas and then slowing increase activity.

What helped me besides the motivation and encouragement, was plan, plan, plan. Think about what you will do the next day in terms of eatting. have healthy snacks with you or in your head so you don't get hungry and grab what is easy. make "easy" part of your plan. Plan for the upcoming week when and what you will do for activity. IF you do more, then great. ALSO PLAN FOR THOSE THAT WILL WILLINGLY OR UNWILLINGLY TRY TO GET YOU OFF YOUR PLAN. Figure out what you will say and how will you say things when friends or family are encouraging you to do something just once (this can't hurt you).

I started with a 7% weight loss goal and each time I reached it, set the next for 7%. I celebrated the victories with something I wanted like earrings, or jewelry or some new decoration for the home anything but food. I treated myself to a new coat that fit about 50 pounds into it, even though I will need a new coat again when I am all done. Buy a digital scale to weigh and a digital food scale. Use the scale for weight once a week faithfully and use the food scale all of the time. Weigh, measure and count.

Good luck and hang in there. I feel great and proud and healthy. YOU WILL TOO!!
  • ThatNurseKt
    ThatNurseKt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck! 20lbs lost so far but i have another 170 to go. Feel free to add me for support. :)
  • lasnyder1969
    Options
    I have lost the same 60 lbs over and over again....I have 151 pounds to lose to be at my goal weight. I'm excited about this and I know if I have others out there to lean on....I will achieve this goal. :smile:
  • daisyjess
    Options
    Hello! I am 19 and have to lose 70 pounds. Weight will always be a problem in my life and I am hoping to feel good about myself. I know you and everyone else can do it! We just need to believe in ourselves and get motivated! LETS DO THIS!