Stuggling and feeling defeated

Options
Hello all,

I started MFP awhile back and found that I really like it. However, with my crazy life and new job(as everyone always says) food really has gotten the best of me. There was a time where I felt like I had control, this lasted about a week. I know pathetic. Now I just feel like I'm so far behind I just don't know where to turn to. I've been trying-key word- to control weight by diet, because I find it extremely boring to work out. Lately, I've been playing volleyball once a week and have found I really like that. Please lend me some advice if you can...

Stuggling,
Food Junky

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Volleyball is a great exercise and a really fun game!!! ;)
    On the food front: Lots of water, Replace solid fats with liquids ones (olive oil, etc.), Less salt and carbonated beverages.
    Anyone who can play volleyball (all that hand-eye coordination and concentration on the ball) can lose weight on a day-to-day, hour-by-hour basis. We all mess up, but each day is a fresh start to life! Hugs, BJB :drinker: (lots of water)
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well since you asked....

Stop beating yourself up. That gets you no where good or positive. Forgive yourself for whatever happened yesterday and start fresh. Every day. Todays a great day to start over- isnt it?

Not sure how much you have to lose- but start with 5 pounds. And work on that goal. Try not to look beyond that- just aim for five pounds.

And volleyball is awesome not everyone has to go to the gym for exercise- gys were created as an efficient way to control climate- and provide work out facilities in one place- but the world is a gym- walking a dog, walking to work, walking stairs, vollevball, swimming in the ocean, whatever you can do to move- is great.

But forgive yourself first and just give yourself a new start.
  • Emitchell10
    Options
    Each day is a new beginning. Just start each day fresh and do your best each and every day. Water is a great filler. I myself am not a water person but I put some of the MiO liquid in the water to give it a flavor and that helps me to drink my 8 glasses a day. I myself have given up soft drinks and that was a huge for me. Make small changes and the results will last in the end. :) This is a great support system and you can do this.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    If food is an issue (and it can easily be an issue at work), try packing your lunch the night before with leftovers or from a basic stand-by diet menu that you come up with. It makes it easy to stay away from fast food and all the office snacks.

I have about three or four main foods (tuna, salmon, chicken breast, turkey and sometimes beef) I eat for lunches at work. I add a salad, sweet potato, brown rice, etc to it. It is ready to go in the morning and I just grab it and go.

I also bring my snacks; almonds, rapes, apple, banana, orange.

You get the gist.

I can even sit through meetings full of doughnuts without touching them because I already have my snack and lunch made.